Bilingual Medical Assistant/EMT
The Colorado Coalition for the Homeless seeks a Bilingual Medical Assistant (MA)/EMT (Emergency Medical Technician) to work within a multi-disciplinary health care team performing medical and mental health support. MAs/EMTs work within the care team to provide patient care and perform administrative and laboratory duties in support of clinic and providers. In addition, this position mainly works with bilingual provider, listens to patient assistance line voicemails left in Spanish, and provides concentrated support to MA task box for Spanish-speaking clients.
The main location of service is Stout Street Health Center, which is located at 2130 Stout Street, Denver, Colorado, 80205; however, direct care may include other CCH integrated care sites as needed. This position reports to the MA Supervisor.
NOTE: In order to ensure that our consumers receive the best possible care the candidate chosen to fill this position will be required to complete our internal credentialing and privileging process prior to a start date. The credentialing and privileging timeline is dependent on the selected candidate's submission of documents necessary for clearance. Please note that a start date will be scheduled once credentialing and privileging is complete.
In addition to the unique challenges and extraordinary rewards of our work, eligible Coalition employees enjoy a rich benefits package, including:
- Health insurance coverage on the first day of employment: full-time employees contribute only 1% of their earnings for their own health coverage and no more than 4% of their earnings for coverage of eligible dependents. We’re proud to offer same- and opposite-sex domestic partner coverage;
- Dental, vision, and flexible spending/dependent care/public transit accounts;
- Free basic life insurance and long-term disability coverage;
- Dollar-for-dollar retirement plan matching contributions up to 5% of earnings;
- Extensive paid time-off, including 8 holidays, 12 days of sick leave, and three weeks of vacation for new full-time employees in their first full year.
Essential Job Functions
- Provides for the safe delivery of patient care, in routine and emergency situations, within the scope of education and training, such as taking vital signs, and performing patient assessments.
- Communicates significant clinic information to other healthcare professionals as necessary.
- Maintains a professional and confidential work environment.
- Collaborates with other members of the multi-disciplinary health care teams including but not limited to medical assistants, primary care medical providers, behavioral health providers, psychiatric providers, peer specialists, dental assistants and hygienists, pharmacists, patient navigators, case managers, client access representatives, inventory and lab coordinators, and nurse educator.
- Maintains EHR core competencies as evidenced by:
- Records all vital signs into NextGen which include BP, P, T, R, Height, Weight, smoking status and possibly finger stick for glucose level and peak flow if patient’s chronic medical lists indicate that these are appropriate according to patient’s diagnosis.
- Records all patient visits electronically into NextGen, ensuring that they include the PMH, PSH, FH, Social History, and allergies.
- Uses the Inbox to manage tasks.
- Uses the Telephone Template to help record communications regarding a patient.
- Submits appropriate submissions to billing.
- Ability to enter immunizations into NextGen.
- Ability to scan documents into appropriate section of patient chart in NextGen.
- Ability to register patients in EPM.
- Ability to check patients in for appointment using the EPM.
- Ability to make an appointment for a patient using the EPM.
Employee must be able to perform essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation and without posing a direct threat to safety or health of self or others. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. Employee will perform job according to applied laws. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Successful completion of a Medical Assistant, Emergency Medical Technician, or Certified Nursing Assistant program preferred.
- Certification in basic life support (CPR).
- Bi-lingual English/Spanish required.
WHERE A CANDIDATE IS PLACED IN THE COMPENSATION RANGE DEPENDS ON TOTAL RELEVENT YEARS OF EXPERIENCE
- Pay Type Hourly
- Min Hiring Rate $20.00
- Max Hiring Rate $23.53
- 2130 Stout St, Denver, CO 80205, USA