The Colorado Coalition for the Homeless seeks a Janitor to maintain the cleanliness of the exterior and interior of the building, garage, offices, bathrooms, elevators, and common spaces, as well as assisting the management team with unit turnovers. This position is located at various locations in the Denver Metro area and reports to the Property Manager.
In addition to the unique challenges and extraordinary rewards of our work, eligible Coalition employees enjoy a rich benefits package, including:
- Health insurance coverage on the first day of employment: full-time employees contribute only 1% of their earnings for their own health coverage and no more than 4% of their earnings for coverage of eligible dependents. We’re proud to offer same- and opposite-sex domestic partner coverage;
- Dental, vision, and flexible spending/dependent care/public transit accounts;
- Free basic life insurance and long-term disability coverage;
- Dollar-for-dollar retirement plan matching contributions up to 5% of earnings;
- Extensive paid time-off, including 8 holidays, 12 days of sick leave, and three weeks of vacation for new full-time employees in their first full year.
Essential Job Functions
- Uses and maintains tools, equipment, and chemicals for general cleaning.
- Uses and maintains closets and storage space for tools, equipment, and chemicals.
- Keeps common areas washed, sanitary, and free of trash and debris.
- Maintains community grounds, common areas, landscaping and surrounding areas in clean condition and good repair and make a positive first impression on customers and residents.
- Keeps interior and exterior of building free of trash and debris.
- Assists Maintenance Technicians with light repair and minor maintenance of the property.
- Ensures high-use areas are routinely disinfected, sanitized, and clean overall.
- Picks up litter including pet waste and cigarette butts, from any exterior and common areas.
- Cleans the common and office areas in the commercial program office space.
- Cleans parking lot areas including curbs; removes oil spots, trash, leaves, dirt, etc.
- Completes unit turns as needed; cleaning of units, including stoves, refrigerators, bathrooms, floors, windows, etc.
- Maintains all dumpster areas to ensure that trash is properly disposed of and that the surrounding areas are neat and clean. Routinely inspects these areas for rodents, ants, flies, and other pests and takes action to exterminate them.
- Assists with moving equipment and furniture as needed.
- Removes snow and ice from all assigned areas and apply ice melt when necessary.
- Cleans, mops, waxes, buffs, strips, vacuums and completes other janitorial tasks in unoccupied interior and exterior areas of the property.
- Maintains a work environment that is marked by respect for others; that values inclusiveness and builds workforce diversity; and that fosters cooperation and teamwork.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Employee must be able to perform essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation and without posing a direct threat to safety or health of self or others. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High School Diploma or GED preferred.
- Moderate experience required.
WHERE A CANDIDATE IS PLACED IN THE COMPENSATION RANGE DEPENDS ON TOTAL RELEVANT YEARS OF EXPERIENCE
- Pay Type Hourly
- Min Hiring Rate $20.00
- Max Hiring Rate $23.53
- Denver, CO, USA