On-Call Resident Assistant, Beacon Place
The Colorado Coalition for the Homeless seeks an On-Call Resident Assistant to provide excellent customer service and assist in the safety and security of the residents, staff, and property of the Colorado Coalition for the Homeless at Beacon Place. This position is also responsible for facility-oriented duties such as laundry, laying out breakfast for residents, auditing files, washing dishes, data entry, and booking of monthly rents. This position is located at 3636 W Colfax, Denver, Colorado 80204 and reports to the Program Manager.
Essential Job Functions
- Provides excellent, trauma informed customer service to residents, colleagues, and external partners.
- Makes hourly building perimeter inspections of site to ensure a secure and safe environment.
- Completes shift checklists on every shift.
- Be quickly available in case of emergencies.
- Remains onsite and awake through all shifts.
- Performs laundry duty (washing and drying of linens) as required.
- Washes any dishes/pots/pans/trays left over from dinner.
- Lays out breakfast for residents and clean kitchen each morning.
- Reviews and monitors resident files to ensure all documentation is present, alerts Program Manager of any deficiencies, and maintain the organization of the closed files.
- Communicates effectively with other Beacon staff through multiple means, including recording important information in the Daily Log at each shift.
- Attends all required staff meetings.
- Helps maintain a clean and safe environment for residents and staff by performing daily facility care, such as shoveling snow, cleaning spills or messes as appropriate (this may include the cleaning and care of biological waste in the event a resident is ill or injured), etc.
- Assists in special projects as assigned by the program manager.
- Assists residents in accessing resources as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Employee must be able to perform essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation and without posing a direct threat to safety or health of self or others. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. Employee will perform job according to applied laws. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Experience working with marginalized populations.
- Experience in homeless services and/or behavioral health services preferred.
- CPR, Firstaid, and Blood Born Pathogen safety training preferred.
- High School Diploma/GED.
WHERE A CANDIDATE IS PLACED IN THE COMPENSATION RANGE DEPENDS ON TOTAL RELEVANT YEARS OF EXPERIENCE
- Pay Type Hourly
- Min Hiring Rate $20.00
- Max Hiring Rate $23.20
- 3636 W Colfax Ave, Denver, CO 80204, USA