Maintenance Technician I
$1,500 Sign-On Bonus (Prorated Based On Weekly Schedule)
The Colorado Coalition for the Homeless seeks a Maintenance Technician I, Beacon Place. This position provides maintenance to occupied and unoccupied interior and exterior areas of Beacon Place and will rotate on-call at neighboring RPMC properties as directed. This position is located at 3636 Colfax Ave., Denver, Colorado 80204 and reports to the Operations Manager.
In addition to the unique challenges and extraordinary rewards of our work, eligible Coalition employees enjoy a rich benefits package, including:
- Health insurance coverage on the first day of employment: full-time employees contribute only 1% of their earnings for their own health coverage and no more than 4% of their earnings for coverage of eligible dependents. We’re proud to offer same- and opposite-sex domestic partner coverage;
- Dental, vision, and flexible spending/dependent care/public transit accounts;
- Free basic life insurance and long-term disability coverage;
- Dollar-for-dollar retirement plan matching contributions up to 5% of earnings;
- Extensive paid time-off, including 8 holidays, 12 days of sick leave, and three weeks of vacation for new full-time employees in their first full year.
Essential Job Functions
- Regularly inspects building, grounds and equipment for required maintenance; schedules and performs repairs as necessary.
- Reports emergency conditions to the Program Manager or Property Manager as soon as possible.
- Performs routine maintenance and reports defects to the Program Manager or Property Manager in a timely manner.
- Responds to emergencies during scheduled work hours and after hours, including weekends, as needed.
- Performs unit turnovers; tracks and maintains appropriate levels of cleaning materials.
- Coordinates the safe and orderly storage and use of cleaning chemicals, supplies and equipment.
- Works with Safety Director, Property Manager, Regional Manager and Program Manager to identify health and safety hazards; takes necessary action to correct identified hazards.
- Observes all sections of the property’s maintenance plan.
- Maintains all interior areas, other than those occupied by tenants, in a decent, safe, and sanitary condition.
- Promotes a clean and healthy environment for all tenants.
- Periodically checks and replaces smoke detectors, fire alarm systems, fire extinguishers, emergency alarms, exterior and interior locks, doors and windows.
- Maintains a work environment that is marked by respect for others, that reflects the values of Cultural Competency, builds workforce diversity, and that fosters cooperation and teamwork.
- Performs other duties as required.
Employee must be able to perform essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation and without posing a direct threat to safety or health of self or others. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Must possess a valid Colorado driver’s license and current motor vehicle insurance.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Must have HVAC troubleshooting experience.
- Certification in any area of property maintenance highly regarded.
WHERE A CANDIDATE IS PLACED IN THE COMPENSATION RANGE DEPENDS ON TOTAL RELEVENT YEARS OF EXPERIENCE
- Job Family Discontinued
- Pay Type Hourly
- Min Hiring Rate $22.33
- Max Hiring Rate $26.80
- 3636 W Colfax Ave, Denver, CO 80204, USA