On-Call Resident Assistant
The Colorado Coalition for the Homeless seeks a On-Call Resident Assistant to foster a culture of excellent customer service and assisting in the safety and security of the residents, staff, and property of the Colorado Coalition for the Homeless transitional housing locations. This position is also responsible for the facility-oriented duties such as including but not limited: laundry, laying out breakfast for residents, auditing files, washing dishes, data entry. These roles are located at various Transitional Housing Department sites across the Denver Metro area. This position is located at 2100 Broadway., Denver, Colorado 80205 and reports to the Program Manager.
Essential Job Functions
- Provides excellent, trauma-informed customer service to residents, colleagues, and external partners.
- Remains onsite, awake, and available throughout all shifts.
- Supports facility cleanliness, safety, and operations, as directed by shift checklists, case managers, and management team (i.e., sorting mail, laundry, preparing breakfast, crisis intervention, etc.).
- Reviews and monitors resident files to ensure all documentation is present, alerts Program Manager of any deficiencies, and maintains the organization of the closed files.
- Communicates effectively with other staff through multiple means, including email, data entry, incident reporting, etc.
- Attends all required staff meetings.
- Understands and uses best practices regarding standard/universal precautions and BBP response, including proper methods for the cleanup of biological waste.
- Assists residents with care/resource navigation (i.e. finding phone numbers, scanning/faxing documents, transit planning, etc)
- Makes hourly building perimeter inspections of site to ensure a secure and safe environment.
- When applicable, maintains accurate and timely records of all client encounters, consistent with CCH documentation standards.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Employee must be able to perform essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation and without posing a direct threat to safety or health of self or others. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Experience working with marginalized populations.
- Experience in homeless services and/or behavioral health services preferred.
- CPR, First-aid, and safety training preferred.
- High School Diploma/GED.
WHERE A CANDIDATE IS PLACED IN THE COMPENSATION RANGE DEPENDS ON TOTAL RELEVENT YEARS OF EXPERIENCE
- Job Family Social Services
- Pay Type Hourly
- Min Hiring Rate $20.00
- Max Hiring Rate $23.20
- Denver, CO, USA