Maintenance Technician I
$1,500 Sign-On Bonus (pro-rated based on weekly schedule)
The Colorado Coalition for the Homeless seeks a Maintenance Technician I, Facilities to perform a variety of semi-skilled maintenance duties involving inspection, diagnosis, troubleshooting and repair within all CCH commercial buildings, while also becoming familiar with the large diversity of systems and practices within the department.
Duties for this role include such tasks as work orders, general maintenance, electrical, plumbing, carpentry, drywall, paint, groundskeeping, etc. while always ensuring all safety and operational standards. As experience is gained, the assigned tasks will become more diversified and performed under less general supervision. This position is located at 2062 Stout St., Denver, Colorado 80205 and reports to the Maintenance Manager.
In addition to the unique challenges and extraordinary rewards of our work, eligible Coalition employees enjoy a rich benefits package, including:
- Health insurance coverage on the first day of employment: full-time employees contribute only 1% of their earnings for their own health coverage and no more than 4% of their earnings for coverage of eligible dependents. We’re proud to offer same- and opposite-sex domestic partner coverage;
- Dental, vision, and flexible spending/dependent care/public transit accounts;
- Free basic life insurance and long-term disability coverage;
- Dollar-for-dollar retirement plan matching contributions up to 5% of earnings;
- Extensive paid time-off, including 8 holidays, 12 days of sick leave, and three weeks of vacation for new full-time employees in their first full year.
Essential Job Functions
- Performs a variety of semi-skilled duties involved in the inspection, diagnosis, troubleshooting, maintenance, installation, testing, monitoring, repair and servicing of equipment, components, building facilities, fleet vehicles, and any other items associated with the commercial facilities of CCH.
- Identifies and implements effective courses of action to complete a diversity of daily assigned work tasks.
- Ensures timely and accurate completion of company work orders, active and preventative maintenance tasks, maintaining detailed record/log of all actions.
- Coordinates work assignments with other teammates or departments, as needed.
- Communicates with team, maintenance manager and/or all other invested parties on the status of the work in progress and/or completed.
- Operates necessary manual and electric tools and equipment. Inventories chemicals and supplies.
- Maintains the facilities storage area/shop area in a neat and organized fashion.
- Ensures the consistent application of OSHA safety standards (ie- hazardous materials, PPE, confined space entry, fire & emergency planning, lockout/tagout, etc.)
- Assists in keeping the common areas of the CCH commercial buildings in presentable fashion, including but not limited to items such as trash removal and custodial duties.
- Provides seasonal de-icing and removal of snow from walks, common areas and parking lot areas for the safety of all clients, employees and visitors.
- Provides care and maintenance to the landscaped building areas including flowers beds, shrubs, trees, grass, weed control, and any other landscaping projects.
- Operates and inspects CCH vehicles for transit to facilities for their respective duties/assignments.
- Adheres to confidentiality policies according to CCH client's rights, regulations, and courtesy.
- Assists the Maintenance Technician II and Maintenance Manager on special maintenance projects.
- Observes all sections of the CCH property maintenance plan.
- Responds to all emergency situations as necessary.
- Reports unusual and/or extraordinary circumstances regarding the property and/or individuals on site to the Maintenance Supervisor.
- Maintains a work environment that is marked by respect for others, that reflects the values of cultural competency, builds workforce diversity, and that fosters cooperation and teamwork.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Employee must be able to perform essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation and without posing a direct threat to safety or health of self or others. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High school diploma or equivalent education required.
- Prior customer service experience working with homeless or low-income population preferred.
- Previous hands-on maintenance experience highly preferred, especially in a medical or hospital setting.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and meet CCH automobile insurance eligibility.
WHERE A CANDIDATE IS PLACED IN THE COMPENSATION RANGE DEPENDS ON TOTAL RELEVENT YEARS OF EXPERIENCE
- Job Family Social Services
- Pay Type Hourly
- Min Hiring Rate $22.33
- Max Hiring Rate $26.80
- Denver, CO, USA