Pharmacy Technician I
The mission of the Colorado Coalition for the Homeless is to work collaboratively toward the prevention of homelessness and the creation of lasting solutions for homeless and at-risk families, children, and individuals throughout Colorado. The Coalition advocates for and provides a continuum of housing and a variety of services to improve the health, well-being, and stability of those it serves.
The Colorado Coalition for the Homeless seeks a Pharmacy Technician I. This position is to handle electronic and manual billing procedures together with a multi-disciplinary health care team. The ideal candidate must be a Colorado Certified Pharmacy Technician (CPhT) and have an understanding of pharmacy reimbursement system within a high-volume ambulatory care setting. This position is located at 2130 Stout St., Denver, Colorado 80205 and reports to the Pharmacy Manager.
NOTE: In order to ensure that our consumers receive the best possible care the candidate chosen to fill this position will be required to complete our internal credentialing and privileging process prior to a start date. The credentialing and privileging timeline is dependent on the selected candidate's submission of documents necessary for clearance. Please note that a start date will be scheduled once credentialing and privileging is complete.
In addition to the unique challenges and extraordinary rewards of our work, eligible Coalition employees enjoy a rich benefits package, including:
- Choice of HMO or PPO health insurance coverage options: full-time employees contribute only 1% of their earnings for their own HMO health coverage and no more than 4% of their earnings for coverage of eligible dependents. We’re proud to offer same-and opposite-sex domestic partner coverage.
- Choice of dental insurance or discount plan.
- Vision insurance.
- Flexible spending accounts for health care / dependent care / parking expenses.
- Free basic life and AD&D insurance coverage.
- Employee Assistance Program, a problem-solving resource available to you and your household members.
- Dollar-for-dollar retirement plan matching contributions up to 5% of earnings with 3-year vesting.
- Extensive paid time-off, including 9 holidays, 12 days of sick leave, and three weeks of vacation for new full-time employees in their first year.
The effective date for your benefits will be the first of the month following your date of hire.
Essential Job Functions
- Prepares new and refill medications under direct supervision of pharmacists and in coordination with other pharmacy technicians.
- Maintains appropriate records and documentations.
- Assists patients with prescription needs and provides excellent customer service directly.
- Tracks prescription orders via pharmacy tracking system and electronic health record system.
- Assists in problem solving in matters related to pharmacy.
- Provides technical support of drug distribution services and inventory management.
- Maintaining strict confidentiality of patient information according to organizational protocol and HIPPA regulations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Employee must be able to perform essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation and without posing a direct threat to safety or health of self or others. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent required.
- Experience as pharmacy technician required.
- Experience with insurance billing required.
- Board Certification as Pharmacy Technician with Colorado required (PTCB).
- Current basic life support (BLS/CPR) required or able to obtain one within 6 months of hire.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred.
WHERE A CANDIDATE IS PLACED IN THE COMPENSATION RANGE DEPENDS ON TOTAL RELEVENT YEARS OF EXPERIENCE
The Colorado Coalition for the Homeless is committed to delivering services, making employment-related decisions, selecting volunteers, and selecting vendors without regard to age over 40, race, sex, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, medical condition related to pregnancy, military status, or any other applicable status protected by law.
- Job Family Healthcare
- Pay Type Hourly
- Min Hiring Rate $20.64
- Max Hiring Rate $26.92
- 2130 Stout St, Denver, CO 80205, USA