Pharmacy Technician I
The Colorado Coalition for the Homeless seeks a Pharmacy Technician I. This position is to handle electronic and manual billing procedures together with a multi-disciplinary health care team. The ideal candidate must be a Colorado Certified Pharmacy Technician (CPhT) and have an understanding of pharmacy reimbursement system within a high-volume ambulatory care setting. This position is located at 2130 Stout St., Denver, Colorado 80205 and reports to the Pharmacy Manager.
NOTE: In order to ensure that our consumers receive the best possible care the candidate chosen to fill this position will be required to complete our internal credentialing and privileging process prior to a start date. The credentialing and privileging timeline is dependent on the selected candidate's submission of documents necessary for clearance. Please note that a start date will be scheduled once credentialing and privileging is complete.
In addition to the unique challenges and extraordinary rewards of our work, eligible Coalition employees enjoy a rich benefits package, including:
- Health insurance coverage on the first day of employment: full-time employees contribute only 1% of their earnings for their own health coverage and no more than 4% of their earnings for coverage of eligible dependents. We’re proud to offer same- and opposite-sex domestic partner coverage;
- Dental, vision, and flexible spending/dependent care/public transit accounts;
- Free basic life insurance and long-term disability coverage;
- Dollar-for-dollar retirement plan matching contributions up to 5% of earnings;
- Extensive paid time-off, including 8 holidays, 12 days of sick leave, and three weeks of vacation for new full-time employees in their first full year.
Essential Job Functions
- Prepares new and refill medications under direct supervision of pharmacists and in coordination with other pharmacy technicians.
- Maintains appropriate records and documentations.
- Assists patients with prescription needs and provides excellent customer service directly.
- Tracks prescription orders via pharmacy tracking system and electronic health record system.
- Assists in problem solving in matters related to pharmacy.
- Provides technical support of drug distribution services and inventory management.
- Maintaining strict confidentiality of patient information according to organizational protocol and HIPPA regulations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Employee must be able to perform essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation and without posing a direct threat to safety or health of self or others. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent required.
- Experience as pharmacy technician required.
- Experience with insurance billing required.
- Board Certification as Pharmacy Technician with Colorado required (PTCB).
- Current basic life support (BLS/CPR) required or able to obtain one within 6 months of hire.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred.
WHERE A CANDIDATE IS PLACED IN THE COMPENSATION RANGE DEPENDS ON TOTAL RELEVENT YEARS OF EXPERIENCE
- Job Family Healthcare
- Pay Type Hourly
- Min Hiring Rate $20.00
- Max Hiring Rate $23.53
- 2130 Stout St, Denver, CO 80205, USA