Assistant Superintendent I Gold Mountain Golf Club
Assistant Superintendent | Gold Mountain Golf Club
Gold Mountain Golf Club is looking for an Assistant Superintendent (Cascade Course). The right candidate will be taking the place of the long-time assistant who is retiring at the end of the 2024 season after 40+ years. The goal is to have the right candidate on board for the 2024 season to learn directly from the current assistant. Gold Mountain Golf Club, Cascade Course is in the early stages of a Masterplan remodel which will include bunkering, rerouting, tee complexes and greens then later, the irrigation system. The selected candidate will be directly involved in all aspects of the masterplan.
Let’s start off with the most important part-what’s in it for you:
*Eligibility of perks is dependent upon job status
- Get Paid Daily (Make any day payday)
- Paid Time Off & Holiday Pay (Because Balance Matters)
- Benefits - Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability, 401K, HSA/FSA Plans
- Discounted Lodging, Dining, Spa, Golf, Retail & Partner Perks (Yes, Discounted Travel!)
- Task Force Work Opportunities (Grow your career in idyllic locations across the globe)
- Values Based Culture (#OMGLIFE)
- Culture Add (Creating Space for Fresh Perspectives)
- Referral Bonus (Get Paid to Recruit)
- Employee Assistance Program
- “Columbia Cares” Volunteer Opportunities
- Committee Participation Opportunities (Fun, Philanthropic, Diversity/Equity/Inclusion)
- Online Learning Platform to Help You Develop!
- Potential for incentive Based.
- Dues GCSAA and WWGCSA
Our Commitment to you:
“People never forget how you made them feel.” Maya Angelou’s famous statement serves as a rallying cry throughout Columbia Hospitality and fuels our collective drive - and success.
Our people are our purpose, and our brand is our people. We seek extraordinary individuals who drive our brand promise of Creating Exceptional Experiences. We are a people-first organization, ignited from the inside to succeed on the outside. We are a tight-knit, inclusive, values-driven team and we trust one another to have each other’s backs. We show up every day with open hearts, an inclusive mindset, and a genuine respect for those around us. We have fun, grow together, and strive to leave a positive lasting impression on everyone we meet.
What you’ll do:
The Brass Tacks
- Under the Supervision of the Golf Course Superintendent, oversee the care and maintenance of the turf, ornamental plants, shrubs, trees, and buffer zones within the property.
- Help schedule and assign daily tasks to maintenance team members and oversee tasks are executed safely and efficiently.
- Assist in monitoring irrigation system, perform repairs, assist in hand watering, and sprinkler adjustment as needed.
- Responsible to complete delegated work orders in a timely and professional manner while managing the work being performed by the maintenance team.
- Able to work into the evening, nights, weekends and holiday shifts as required.
- Supervise and participate in the application and recording of chemical applications (fertilizers and pesticides) on the Club's grounds in compliance with all local, state, and federal regulations.
- Assist in developing annual operating budget and plans for maintenance and capital improvement projects.
- Maintain records and complete required reporting. Order parts, supplies and equipment as needed. Perform monthly chemical inventory.
Knowledge & Skills Required
- Knowledge of golf turf management and proper maintenance of golf course grounds.
- Knowledge and use of operating standards for equipment and techniques used in golf course construction and maintenance work.
- Skill in recruiting, supervising, training, monitoring, evaluating and motivating personnel.
- Interpersonal skills to effectively work part of a team.
- Knowledge of safe use, mixing and application of chemicals and commercial products.
- Knowledge of the game of golf, golf rules and methods of play
- 4-7 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Positive attitude with a strong attention to details
- Understand and enjoy the game of golf.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
- Ability to calibrate sprayers and have knowledge of chemicals that are used for basic turf care maintenance.
- Basic understanding of irrigation systems and components that are used in golf course maintenance.
- Must have positive attitude and be willing to bring new ideas.
- Experience managing up to 30 team members in a positive and efficient manner.
- Must be flexible and able to perform multiple tasks and work in stressful situations.
Don’t meet every single requirement? At Columbia Hospitality we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may just be the right candidate for this or other roles.
Where you’ll work:
Dramatically sculpted into Pacific Northwest splendor, The Olympic course has garnered impressive awards and has taken its place as one of America's finest municipally owned golf courses. Wooded enclaves, rolling terrain and wide fairways are touted by the Cascade Course, with a long history of providing Championship golf in the Northwest. Stunning views and delicious cuisine combine to offer relaxation and great memories under the roof of Gold Mountain's clubhouse, as well as the ability to host 300 guests for special events. All classes of golfer - from novice to scratch - will find an enjoyable, playable experience. The outstanding conditioning of the courses matched the beauty of the setting. Gold Mountain Golf Club has hosted the U.S. Junior Amateur Championship and the 2015 NCAA Men's Regional Championship.
The Fine Print
Columbia Hospitality, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to an inclusive environment without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. We strive for excellence in every position within the company and select the most qualified people who embrace our service philosophy and these values.
Accountability | Creativity | Enthusiasm | Honesty | Inclusion | Respect
Columbia Hospitality is a national management and consulting company with more than 25 years of experience in creating hospitality solutions and delivering exceptional experiences. Our portfolio includes award-winning hotels and resorts, premier residential communities, restaurants and bars, private and public golf clubs, conference centers, and distinctive venues. Columbia Hospitality has been consistently recognized as one of the Top Companies to Work for in Washington by Seattle Business Magazine and Puget Sound Business Journal for their commitment to creating a fun, dynamic and nurturing work environment for team members.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Min Hiring Rate $24.00
- Max Hiring Rate $32.00
- Gold Mountain Golf Club, 7263 W. Belfair Valley Road, Bremerton, Washington, United States of America