Restaurant General Manager | Rialto
Restaurant General Manager | Rialto
Rialto is seeking a hands-on Restaurant General Manager to support the team in delivering exceptional dining experiences for our guests. Our ideal candidate is a collaborative leader with a creative eye, an entrepreneurial spirit and prior experience with beverage operations in live-music, entertainment, and event venues.
Let’s start off with the most important part-what’s in it for you:
*Eligibility of perks is dependent upon job status
- Get Paid Daily (Make any day payday)
- Paid Time Off & Holiday Pay (Because Balance Matters)
- Benefits - Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability, 401K, HSA/FSA Plans
- Discounted Lodging, Dining, Spa, Golf, Retail & Partner Perks (Yes, Discounted Travel!)
- Task Force Work Opportunities (Grow your career in idyllic locations across the globe)
- Values Based Culture (#OMGLIFE)
- Culture Add (Creating Space for Fresh Perspectives)
- Referral Bonus (Get Paid to Recruit)
- Employee Assistance Program
- “Columbia Cares” Volunteer Opportunities
- Committee Participation Opportunities (Fun, Philanthropic, Diversity/Equity/Inclusion)
- Online Learning Platform to Help You Develop!
- Incentive eligible
- Cell Phone allowance eligible
Our Commitment to you:
“People never forget how you made them feel.” Maya Angelou’s famous statement serves as a rallying cry throughout Columbia Hospitality and fuels our collective drive - and success.
Our people are our purpose, and our brand is our people. We seek extraordinary individuals who drive our brand promise of Creating Exceptional Experiences. We are a people-first organization, ignited from the inside to succeed on the outside. We are a tight-knit, inclusive, values-driven team and we trust one another to have each other’s backs. We show up every day with open hearts, an inclusive mindset, and a genuine respect for those around us. We have fun, grow together, and strive to leave a positive lasting impression on everyone we meet.
What you’ll do:
The Brass Tacks
- Plans, designs, implements and controls Food and Beverage operations, ensuring profitability, efficient operations and adherence to established standards.
- Establishes and maintains standards for food and beverage quality, presentation, handling, sanitation, and safety in alignment with property standards and applicable regulations.
- Develops and implements policies and procedures to ensure that all work practices meet or exceed the established standards.
- Participates in the preparation of the annual operating budget and financial plans which support the overall objectives of the property.
- Establishes and maintains budgeted supply and labor costs for Food & Beverage operations within the restaurant and venue.
- Conducts industry research to accurately project future trends.
- Works with the Executive Chef on menu planning, pricing and preparation.
- Ensures the security of all Food & Beverage supplies, equipment, and inventory by establishing and ensuring adherence to security standards.
- Partners with Columbia Hospitality to ensure effective pre-opening activities.
- Provides regular and on-going communication with all departments to keep staff informed of updates, changes and/or problematic situations.
- Communicates with Food & Beverage Managers during service to ensure proper client and guest service is being achieved.
- Conducts frequent inspections of all dining, kitchen, venue, and storage areas to ensure that all Food & Beverage activities meet or exceed the established standards.
- Reports all unsafe conditions immediately. Ensures all equipment is properly maintained and functioning. Ensures all equipment is used only as intended.
- Participates in the property’s Manager on Duty program as needed.
- Ensures timely and courteous follow-through on all client, guest, and team member requests.
- Selects, supervises, trains, develops, schedules, disciplines, and counsels staff. Demonstrates positive leadership characteristics that empower and inspire employees to meet and exceed standards.
- Provides timely formal assessment of individual team members in alignment with the performance review policy and procedures.
- Performs in the capacity of any position supervised as needed (based on qualifications).
- Conducts training on job standards and areas of responsibility as needed.
The Nitty Gritty
- A college or university degree with eight or more years of related experience; or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience in similar operations
- Pre-opening experience strongly preferred.
- Prior Experience in beverage operations in live music and entertainment venues
- Computer literacy in the Point-of-Sale system and the sales and catering computer application.
- Strong working knowledge of fine dining and beverage service procedures.
- Working knowledge of applicable liquor laws and regulations.
- Working knowledge of equipment utilized by the Food & Beverage team at the property.
- Food handling and other permits, licenses or certifications as required.
- Ability to read, write and understand English.
- Strong communication skills, including the ability to write reports, business correspondence, and operations manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from team members, managers, clients, guests, or the general public.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all applicable units of measure, using whole numbers, fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute discounts, rate, ratio, proportions, and percentages and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to create a team environment within and across departments.
- Basic computer literacy in Microsoft Office.
- Strong general management skills, including time management, information analysis, planning and organizing, decision making, problem solving, and delivery of results.
- Financial management skills, including budget management, expense control and analysis of Profit and Loss statements.
- Strong people management skills, including coaching, motivating, delegating, scheduling and relationship-building.
- Ability to understand and apply labor and industry-specific laws and regulations.
Don’t meet every single requirement? At Columbia Hospitality we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may just be the right candidate for this or other roles.
Where you’ll work:
The Rialto is where great acts happen. Reopened in January 2018 after sitting vacant for over a decade, the Rialto is an artistic, cultural, and inspirational hub in the heart of downtown Bozeman. Blending historical elements and modern design, the completely renovated Rialto features a beautiful theater, private meeting and event space, and a beer and wine bar. Playing host to incredible performances by local and national touring musicians, filmmakers, and others, the Rialto embodies the spirit of Bozeman and serve as a creative outlet for artists, audiences, and guests alike.
The Fine Print
Columbia Hospitality, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to an inclusive environment without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. We strive for excellence in every position within the company and select the most qualified people who embrace our service philosophy and these values.
Accountability | Creativity | Enthusiasm | Honesty | Inclusion | Respect
Columbia Hospitality is a national management and consulting company with more than 25 years of experience in creating hospitality solutions and delivering exceptional experiences. Our portfolio includes award-winning hotels and resorts, premier residential communities, restaurants and bars, private and public golf clubs, conference centers, and distinctive venues. Columbia Hospitality has been consistently recognized as one of the Top Companies to Work for in Washington by Seattle Business Magazine and Puget Sound Business Journal for their commitment to creating a fun, dynamic and nurturing work environment for team members.
- Pay Type Salary
- Min Hiring Rate $90,000.00
- Rialto, 10 W Main St, Bozeman, Montana, United States of America