Sales Manager - Seattle based remote | Semiahmoo Resort
Sales Manager (Seattle based remote) | Semiahmoo Resort
Let’s start off with the most important part-what’s in it for you:
*Eligibility of perks is dependent upon job status
- Get Paid Daily (Make any day payday)
- Paid Time off & Holiday Pay (Because Balance Matters)
- Benefits - Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability, 401K
- HSA/FSA Plans -with employer contribution
- Values Based Culture (#OMGLIFE)
- Culture Add (Creating Space for Fresh Perspectives)
- Referral Bonus (Get Paid to Recruit)
- Discounted Lodging, Dining, Spa, Golf, and Retail (Yes, Discounted Travel!)
- Employee Assistance Program
- “Columbia Cares” Volunteer Opportunities
- Committee Participation Opportunities (Fun, Philanthropic, Diversity/Equity/Inclusion)
- Task Force Work Opportunities (Grow your career in idyllic locations across the globe)
- Online Learning Platform to Help You Grow!
- Third Party Perks (Including discounts on Pet Insurance, Rental Cars, Movie and Concert Tickets, Theme Park and Attractions & so much more)
- Cellphone Allowance
- Incentive Eligible
- Commuter/Parking Allowance
- Earning potential: Base pay + quarterly uncapped incentive and annual capped incentive eligibility.
Our Commitment to you:
“People never forget how you made them feel.” Maya Angelou’s famous statement serves as a rallying cry throughout Columbia Hospitality and fuels our collective drive - and success.
Our people are our purpose, and our brand is our people. We seek extraordinary individuals who drive our brand promise of Creating Exceptional Experiences. We are a people-first organization, ignited from the inside to succeed on the outside. We are a tight-knit, inclusive, values-driven team and we trust one another to have each other’s backs. We show up every day with open hearts, an inclusive mindset, and a genuine respect for those around us. We have fun, grow together, and strive to leave a positive lasting impression on everyone we meet.
What you’ll do:
The Brass Tacks
- Meets and exceeds expectations for revenue growth of assigned segments
- Achieves SMART goals assigned
- Client relationship building including new business development and networking
- Achieve prospecting goals and sales activities
- Responds to inbound RFP’s (requests for proposals) within 24 hours
- Knowledgeable with client negotiations, closing tactics, and contractual language
- Responsible for forecasting revenue of assigned groups
- Develops and maintains favorable working relationships and open communication with all departments
- Creates a seamless experience for the client from sales to event management
- Complies with accounting standards (deposits, direct billing, and pre-payment)
- Confirms accurate revenue posting and client billing
- Ensures all applicable standards, policies and procedures are fully implemented in all departments
- Attends required meetings
- Achieves client sentiment goals
- May require additional job functions based on business needs, property needs, or other general requests from leadership
The Nitty Gritty
- Minimum of two years of hospitality sales experience
- Strong sales and negotiation skills
- Ability to read/write business correspondence effectively
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all applicable units of measure, using whole numbers, fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, and percentages.
- Strong management skills, including time management, information analysis, planning and organizing, decision making, problem solving, and delivery of results.
- Strong interpersonal influence skills, including coaching, motivating, delegating, and relationship-building.
- Ability to travel as needed (including air or car, hotel overnight stays, and client entertainment.)
- Computer literacy in Microsoft Office; Word, PowerPoint, Teams, OneNote, and Excel.
Don’t meet every single requirement? At Columbia Hospitality we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may just be the right candidate for this or other roles.
Where you’ll work:
Located on the pristine shores of Semiahmoo Bay and Drayton Harbor, Semiahmoo Resort, Golf, and Spa is located just about 45 minutes south of Vancouver, BC and 90 minutes north of Seattle. With an abundance of outdoor activities, including beachcombing, paddle boarding, kayaking, bird watching, and so much more, you'll never find yourself looking for something to do. Guests can also book tee times at Semiahmoo Golf & Country Club, open year-round. For guests seeking a more relaxing escape, The Spa at Semiahmoo offers a robust menu of wellness treatments featuring organic skincare products.
The Fine Print
Columbia Hospitality, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to an inclusive environment without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. We strive for excellence in every position within the company and select the most qualified people who embrace our service philosophy and these values.
Accountability | Creativity | Enthusiasm | Honesty | Inclusion | Respect
Columbia Hospitality is a national management and consulting company with more than 25 years of experience in creating hospitality solutions and delivering exceptional experiences. Our portfolio includes award-winning hotels and resorts, premier residential communities, restaurants and bars, private and public golf clubs, conference centers, and distinctive venues. Columbia Hospitality has been consistently recognized as one of the Top Companies to Work for in Washington by Seattle Business Magazine and Puget Sound Business Journal for their commitment to creating a fun, dynamic and nurturing work environment for team members.
- Pay Type Salary
- Min Hiring Rate $65,500.00
- Max Hiring Rate $70,000.00
- Semiahmoo Resort, 9565 Semiahmoo Pkwy, Blaine, Washington, United States of America