Night Audit Clerk
Night Auditor (Hourly) | MarQueen Hotel
Let’s start off with the most important part-what’s in it for you:
*Eligibility of perks is dependent upon job status
- Get Paid Daily (Make any day payday)
- Paid Time off & Holiday Pay (Because Balance Matters)
- Benefits - Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability, 401K
- HSA/FSA Plans -with employer contribution
- Values Based Culture (#OMGLIFE)
- Culture Add (Creating Space for Fresh Perspectives)
- Referral Bonus (Get Paid to Recruit)
- Discounted Lodging, Dining, Spa, Golf, and Retail (Yes, Discounted Travel!)
- Employee Assistance Program
- “Columbia Cares” Volunteer Opportunities
- Committee Participation Opportunities (Fun, Philanthropic, Diversity/Equity/Inclusion)
- Task Force Work Opportunities (Grow your career in idyllic locations across the globe)
- Online Learning Platform to Help You Grow!
- Third Party Perks (Including discounts on Pet Insurance, Rental Cars, Movie and Concert Tickets, Theme Park and Attractions & so much more)
- Commuter/Parking Allowance
- Tip/Tip Pooling Eligible
Our Commitment to you:
“People never forget how you made them feel.” Maya Angelou’s famous statement serves as a rallying cry throughout Columbia Hospitality and fuels our collective drive - and success.
Our people are our purpose, and our brand is our people. We seek extraordinary individuals who drive our brand promise of Creating Exceptional Experiences. We are a people-first organization, ignited from the inside to succeed on the outside. We are a tight-knit, inclusive, values-driven team and we trust one another to have each other’s backs. We show up every day with open hearts, an inclusive mindset, and a genuine respect for those around us. We have fun, grow together, and strive to leave a positive lasting impression on everyone we meet.
What you’ll do:
The Brass Tacks
- Oversight of the day to day night operation of the property including front desk operations, and financial reconciliation and reporting.
- Follows all procedures to ensure that all front office activities and services meet or exceed the established standards and goals.
- Ensures confidentiality of all guest information and pertinent hotel data.
- Assists guests, team members, and vendors during their shift.
- Maintains a safe and secure environment for guests and team members. Reports security concerns and problematic situations immediately to the General Manager or appropriate party.
- Responds and works to resolve guest issues and concerns as necessary.
- Evaluates patterns or trends in guest concerns in order to plan and implement corrective actions.
- Provides regular and on-going communication with all departments in order to keep staff informed of updates, changes and/or problematic situations.
- Ensures front office, reception area, lobby and storage areas are clean and organized.
- Ensures all equipment is properly maintained and functioning.
- Ensures all equipment is used only as intended.
- Completes property walks routinely to monitor guest safety and security.
The Nitty Gritty
- Minimum 1 year hospitality experience required, 2 year hotel/clerk experience strongly preferred.
- Previous experience in cash handling and computerized Point of Sale system strongly preferred.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills required; bi-lingual skills preferred (English/Spanish).
- Strong problem solving and conflict resolution skills.
- Ability to understand and apply labor and industry-specific laws and regulations.
- Ability to park and retrieve guest vehicles.
- Ability to secure property by walking up and down halls to make sure appropriate doors are securely locked.
- Must possess basic negotiation skills and strong customer relations skills.
- Strong computer skills: Full knowledge of Microsoft Office with an emphasis on Outlook, Excel and Word.
Don’t meet every single requirement? At Columbia Hospitality we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may just be the right candidate for this or other roles.
The Fine Print
Columbia Hospitality, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to an inclusive environment without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. We strive for excellence in every position within the company and select the most qualified people who embrace our service philosophy and these values.
Accountability | Creativity | Enthusiasm | Honesty | Inclusion | Respect
Columbia Hospitality is a national management and consulting company with more than 25 years of experience in creating hospitality solutions and delivering exceptional experiences. Our portfolio includes award-winning hotels and resorts, premier residential communities, restaurants and bars, private and public golf clubs, conference centers, and distinctive venues. Columbia Hospitality has been consistently recognized as one of the Top Companies to Work for in Washington by Seattle Business Magazine and Puget Sound Business Journal for their commitment to creating a fun, dynamic and nurturing work environment for team members.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Min Hiring Rate $19.50
- Max Hiring Rate $19.50
- MarQueen Hotel, 600 Queen Anne Ave N, Seattle, Washington, United States of America