Vice President of Residential Services
Vice President of Columbia Hospitality Residential Services
Luxury High-Rise Condominium Communities
Deal maker, real-estate extraordinaire, community governance director, inspiring coach. We are looking for an expert in high-end condominium communities that has an extensive background in business development, asset management, and owners’ associations. Our ideal candidate uses a balanced approach to hold teams accountable and drive results. Candidate must be a hands-on industry professional who can balance leadership of several communities and authenticity with exceptional operating discipline, vision, planning, and execution. Our values are of the utmost importance to us, and the ideal candidate will be the embodiment of – Inclusion, Honesty, Respect, Creativity, Enthusiasm, and Accountability. This position will be based in Seattle.
Let’s start off with the most important part-what’s in it for you:
*Eligibility of perks is dependent upon job status
- Significant incentive potential
- Get Paid Daily (Make any day payday)
- Paid Time Off & Holiday Pay (Because Balance Matters)
- Benefits - Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability, 401K, HSA/FSA Plans
- Discounted Lodging, Dining, Spa, Golf, Retail & Partner Perks (Yes, Discounted Travel!)
- Task Force Work Opportunities (Grow your career in idyllic locations across the globe)
- Values Based Culture (#OMGLIFE)
- Culture Add (Creating Space for Fresh Perspectives)
- Referral Bonus (Get Paid to Recruit)
- Employee Assistance Program
- “Columbia Cares” Volunteer Opportunities
- Committee Participation Opportunities (Fun, Philanthropic, Diversity/Equity/Inclusion)
- Online Learning Platform to Help You Develop!
- Cell Phone allowance eligible
Our Commitment to you:
“People never forget how you made them feel.” Maya Angelou’s famous statement serves as a rallying cry throughout Columbia Hospitality and fuels our collective drive - and success.
Our people are our purpose, and our brand is our people. We seek extraordinary individuals who drive our brand promise of Creating Exceptional Experiences. We are a people-first organization, ignited from the inside to succeed on the outside. We are a tight-knit, inclusive, values-driven team and we trust one another to have each other’s backs. We show up every day with open hearts, an inclusive mindset, and a genuine respect for those around us. We have fun, grow together, and strive to leave a positive lasting impression on everyone we meet.
What you’ll do:
The Brass Tacks
- Support training and provide coaching for all levels of management within the residential services division
- Direct management of several General Managers at individual communities as assigned.
- Demonstrate and encourage communication in a manner consistent with company values and culture
- Create an environment to motivate, teach, develop managers, and encourage teamwork
- Report regularly to Senior Leadership regarding each of their property’s performance and opportunities
- Proactively collaborate with People & Culture (HR) to drive talent management strategies to build or acquire critical capabilities to develop and transform the organization
- Develop budgets and manage financials with all stakeholders inclusive of the Board of Directors for each community of which you are responsible for and Columbia Hospitality accounting.
- Regularly review monthly financial reports for each of your community’s and attend monthly board meetings as directed for their properties to ensure that the annual budget is met.
- Regularly visit all properties to audit cleanliness, maintenance, service standards and safety/operating procedures
- Develop strategies for continued growth and ever improving operation efficiencies and service excellence
- Develops and implements strategies to enhance profitability and revenue generation.
- Identifies and creates partnerships with developers and ownership groups to drive new business and expand the Columbia Hospitality residential portfolio
- Lead community transition efforts to effectivity onboard new communities into our management portfolio
- Acts as point of contact for homeowner association Board of Directors during periods of transition and in support of community General Managers
- Participates in community Board of Directors meetings, executive sessions, and other committee working sessions, as assigned
- Ensure values aligned communication and prompt response and follow up to team member concerns
The Nitty Gritty
- At least 10 years progressive experience in a General Manager/Director role managing multiple communities of similar operation (size, scope, style, market segment) which can include both hospitality and luxury condominium experience
- Previous demonstrated success in multi-property or asset management with multiple management level reports
- Proven business development experience generating revenue and organizational growth
- Strong communication skills, including the ability to write contracts, reports, business correspondence, and operations manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from team members, managers, clients, guests, or the general public
- Excellent general management skills, including time management, information analysis, planning and organizing, decision making, problem solving, and delivery of results
- Demonstrated financial management skills, including budget management, expense control, forecasting and analysis of financial statements
- Strong people management skills, including coaching, motivating, delegating, scheduling, and relationship-building
- Proficient in computer software including Microsoft Office Suite (PowerPoint, Word, Excel) and BuildingLink
- Excellent resident and homeowner orientation and focus on exceeding homeowner satisfaction
- Demonstrated success in values aligned leadership
- Occasional travel required
Don’t meet every single requirement? At Columbia Hospitality we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may just be the right candidate for this or other roles.
The Fine Print
Columbia Hospitality, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to an inclusive environment without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. We strive for excellence in every position within the company and select the most qualified people who embrace our service philosophy and these values.
Accountability | Creativity | Enthusiasm | Honesty | Inclusion | Respect
Columbia Hospitality is a national management and consulting company with more than 25 years of experience in creating hospitality solutions and delivering exceptional experiences. Our portfolio includes award-winning hotels and resorts, premier residential communities, restaurants and bars, private and public golf clubs, conference centers, and distinctive venues. Columbia Hospitality has been consistently recognized as one of the Top Companies to Work for in Washington by Seattle Business Magazine and Puget Sound Business Journal for their commitment to creating a fun, dynamic and nurturing work environment for team members.
- Pay Type Salary
- Min Hiring Rate $150,000.00
- Max Hiring Rate $175,000.00
- Columbia Hospitality Inc., 2200 Alaskan Way, Seattle, Washington, United States of America