Assistant Rooms Division Manager
Assistant Rooms Division Manager | The Lodge at St. Edward Park
Let’s start off with the most important part-what’s in it for you:
*Eligibility of perks is dependent upon job status
- Get Paid Daily (Make any day payday)
- Paid Time off & Holiday Pay (Because Balance Matters)
- Benefits - Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability, 401K
- HSA/FSA Plans -with employer contribution
- Values Based Culture (#OMGLIFE)
- Culture Add (Creating Space for Fresh Perspectives)
- Referral Bonus (Get Paid to Recruit)
- Discounted Lodging, Dining, Spa, Golf, and Retail (Yes, Discounted Travel!)
- Employee Assistance Program
- “Columbia Cares” Volunteer Opportunities
- Committee Participation Opportunities (Fun, Philanthropic, Diversity/Equity/Inclusion)
- Task Force Work Opportunities (Grow your career in idyllic locations across the globe)
- Online Learning Platform to Help You Grow!
- Third Party Perks (Including discounts on Pet Insurance, Rental Cars, Movie and Concert Tickets, Theme Park and Attractions & so much more)
- Cellphone Allowance
- Incentive Eligible
- Complimentary On-Site Parking
Our Commitment to you:
“People never forget how you made them feel.” Maya Angelou’s famous statement serves as a rallying cry throughout Columbia Hospitality and fuels our collective drive - and success.
Our people are our purpose, and our brand is our people. We seek extraordinary individuals who drive our brand promise of Creating Exceptional Experiences. We are a people-first organization, ignited from the inside to succeed on the outside. We are a tight-knit, inclusive, values-driven team and we trust one another to have each other’s backs. We show up every day with open hearts, an inclusive mindset, and a genuine respect for those around us. We have fun, grow together, and strive to leave a positive lasting impression on everyone we meet.
What you’ll do:
THE BRASS TACKS
- Prepare weekly schedules for Housekeeping and Front Office Departments (including Housekeeping, Public Areas, Laundry, Reservations, Front Desk, Night Audit, Valet, and Retail Store).
- Assist with managing departmental budget and monitor revenue, expenses, and labor costs.
- Assist with selecting, interviewing, training, developing, disciplining, and counseling staff.
- Provide timely formal assessments of team members.
- Assist with managing the day-to-day operations of Housekeeping and Front Office departments, maintaining a presence during peak traffic periods, and performing housekeeping and front office duties as necessary.
- Conduct daily inspections of guestrooms, public areas and relevant storage rooms.
- Ensure guest and employee needs and concerns are responded to in a timely, professional, and friendly manner with a focus on service recovery when applicable.
- Assist with developing and implementing procedures to meet or exceed standards and goals of the rooms division.
- Prepare SOPs, daily reports and distribute as directed.
- Follow appropriate policies and procedures (e.g., key control, lost and found).
- Maintain safety standards and train staff on safety procedures.
- Report unsafe conditions immediately and ensure proper equipment maintenance.
- Work with Rooms Division Manager and on pricing and merchandising strategies.
- Analyze trends and market conditions in the retail industry.
- Ensure the retail store is well displayed and maintained.
- Participate in the Manager on Duty program as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
THE NITTY GRITTY
- Bachelor’s degree / higher education qualification / equivalent in Hotel Management, plus 2+ years of related experience, including management experience.
- Must be flexible to work long hours, including weekends and holidays. Expect day, night shifts, and on-call availability.
- The ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from group of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- The ability to solve practical problems when only limited standardization exists.
- Must be flexible and able to perform multiple tasks and work in stressful situations.
- Must possess intermediate negotiation skills and strong customer relations skills.
- Ability to create a team environment within and across departments.
- Strong computer skills: Full knowledge of Microsoft Office with an emphasis on Outlook, Excel and Word.
Don’t meet every single requirement? At Columbia Hospitality we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may just be the right candidate for this or other roles.
Where you’ll work:
The Lodge at St. Edward Park is located in one of Washington's most-visited state parks. The hotel is surrounded by a beautiful natural setting, including the enticing waters of Lake Washington, lush greenery, and an abundance of walking trails. The hotel, housed in a historic seminary, opened in May 2021. Home to 84 distinguished guestrooms and suites, each has been thoughtfully designed to blend the original character with modern touches. Amenities include a farm-to-table restaurant, two bars, full-service spa, a fitness center and more.
The Fine Print
Columbia Hospitality, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to an inclusive environment without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. We strive for excellence in every position within the company and select the most qualified people who embrace our service philosophy and these values.
Accountability | Creativity | Enthusiasm | Honesty | Inclusion | Respect
Columbia Hospitality is a national management and consulting company with more than 25 years of experience in creating hospitality solutions and delivering exceptional experiences. Our portfolio includes award-winning hotels and resorts, premier residential communities, restaurants and bars, private and public golf clubs, conference centers, and distinctive venues. Columbia Hospitality has been consistently recognized as one of the Top Companies to Work for in Washington by Seattle Business Magazine and Puget Sound Business Journal for their commitment to creating a fun, dynamic and nurturing work environment for team members.
- Pay Type Salary
- Min Hiring Rate $67,724.80
- Max Hiring Rate $74,000.00
- Lodge at St Edward Park, 14477 Juanita Dr NE, Kenmore, Washington, United States of America