On-Call Banquet Server
On-Call Banquet Server | Amendment 21/Hotel Leo
Fine wine. Delicious food. Bring beautiful spaces to life and watch your attention to detail delight guests. You are responsible for creating unmatched experiences by engaging guests, navigating menu offerings, capitalizing on upselling opportunities and delivering an unrivaled service experience. You are a vital to creating a successful dining experience for each guest.
Let’s start off with the most important part - what’s in it for you:
*Eligibility of perks is dependent upon job status
- Get Paid Daily (Make any day payday)
- Paid Time Off & Holiday Pay (Because Balance Matters)
- Benefits - Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability, 401K, HSA/FSA Plans
- Discounted Lodging, Dining, Spa, Golf, Retail & Partner Perks (Yes, Discounted Travel!)
- Task Force Work Opportunities (Grow your career in idyllic locations across the globe)
- Values-Based Culture (#OMGLIFE)
- Culture Add (Creating Space for Fresh Perspectives)
- Referral Bonus (Get Paid to Recruit)
- Employee Assistance Program
- “Columbia Cares” Volunteer Opportunities
- Committee Participation Opportunities (Fun, Philanthropic, Diversity/Equity/Inclusion)
- Online Learning Platform to Help You Develop!
- Eligible for participation in tips or tip pooling
- Parking/Transportation/Commuter allowance
Our Commitment to you:
“People never forget how you made them feel.” Maya Angelou’s famous statement serves as a rallying cry throughout Columbia Hospitality and fuels our collective drive - and success.
Our people are our purpose, and our brand is our people. We seek extraordinary individuals who drive our brand promise of Creating Exceptional Experiences. We are a people-first organization, ignited from the inside to succeed on the outside. We are a tight-knit, inclusive, values-driven team and we trust one another to have each other’s backs. We show up every day with open hearts, an inclusive mindset, and genuine respect for those around us. We have fun, grow together, and strive to leave a positive lasting impression on everyone we meet.
What you’ll do:
The Brass Tacks
- Takes orders and serves food and beverage items to guests in accordance with established standards
- Enters orders into computerized Point of Sale system and communicates any special requests to the culinary team
- Assembles food items, such as appetizers, salads and soups
- Ensures attractive, consistent presentation of food and beverages. Ensures that all food and beverage items are served at the correct temperature
- Maintains current knowledge of food and beverage offerings, including menu changes and sold-out items
- Processes guest payments, using proper accounting and cash handling procedures
- Keeps work area, including guest dining area, clean and organized
The Nitty Gritty
- Previous experience as server in a similar restaurant environment
- Ability to perform essential functions on the computerized Point of Sale system
- Working knowledge of dining and beverage service procedures
- Working knowledge of applicable liquor laws and regulations
- Necessary State Food Handler’s License(s) and Liquor Serving Permit(s)
Don’t meet every single requirement? At Columbia Hospitality we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may just be the right candidate for this or other roles.
Where you’ll work:
This thoughtfully restored, historic hotel may have been through many iterations over its lifespan, and yet has always been synonymous with the highest standards of hospitality.
Welcome to Hotel Leo, located in the heart of wonderful downtown Bellingham. Hotel Leo, which is on both the National and Local Historic Registry, combines modern comfort with classic style - offering a unique combination of hotel lodging and apartment residences - with a lively mix of common spaces.
The Fine Print
Columbia Hospitality, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to an inclusive environment without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. We strive for excellence in every position within the company and select the most qualified people who embrace our service philosophy and these values.
Accountability | Creativity | Enthusiasm | Honesty | Inclusion | Respect
Columbia Hospitality is a national management and consulting company with more than 25 years of experience in creating hospitality solutions and delivering exceptional experiences. Our portfolio includes award-winning hotels and resorts, premier residential communities, restaurants and bars, private and public golf clubs, conference centers, and distinctive venues. Columbia Hospitality has been consistently recognized as one of the Top Companies to Work for in Washington by Seattle Business Magazine and Puget Sound Business Journal for their commitment to creating a fun, dynamic and nurturing work environment for team members.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Min Hiring Rate $15.74
- Max Hiring Rate $15.74
- Hotel Leo, 1224 Cornwall Ave, Bellingham, Washington, United States of America