General Ledger Accounting & Reconciliation Manager
CardWorks Servicing ("CWS") is one of the largest privately-held provider of outsourcing services for bankcard-related products to banks and non-bank lenders in North America. CWS offers management expertise across the credit spectrum and supports both MasterCard and Visa accounts as well as a variety of private label debit, credit, stored value, and customer bankcards.
This exciting people leader role is responsible for managing the day-to-day operations of the Credit Card, Payments and Settlement Services function, including but not limited to establishing workflow, delegating across the accounting team, ensuring that all is accomplished within process and on time. The Manager will report to the VP, Settlement Services, while being responsible to coach/mentor our accounting associates and team leads in an effort to effectively manage performance, growth and development of the growing team. Will be called upon to work individual accounts, in the event of high volume and/or when the cases that are unique/complex need to be escalated.
- Prepares a general ledger settlement journal entry report based on the information received from First Data.
- Ensures the settlement screens provided by First Data balance daily.
- Reconciles client’s General Ledger accounts.
- Identifies discrepancies between two or more calculated values within a reconciliation.
- Performs mathematical calculations with extreme accuracy.
- Maintains knowledge of client products and procedures relative to client’s individual portfolios.
- Delivers the MasterCard/VISA Quarterly Activity report data to clients for their approval and delivery to MasterCard/VISA.
- Cross trains staff on all settlement functions.
- Verifies client reconciliation.
- Ensures that associate and Team Leader duties are completed and may occasionally assist as needed to meet deadlines.
- Keeps apprised of the team’s status workloads and any potential or unusual developments.
- Responds to clients and client liaisons inquiries, as well as other departments.
- Regularly communicates to clients regarding their Settlement processes.
- Ensures adherence to company’s policies and procedures as outlined in the Associate Handbook. Answers associate and team leader questions with issues regarding policies and procedures.
- Monitors and reviews department functions for the purposes of quality, compliance and accuracy.
- Handles escalated issues.
- Administers corrective action/counseling as necessary.
- Assists in the completion of researching suspense items and performing monetary General Ledger adjustments.
- Updates department procedures whenever necessary.
- Provides positive and negative feedback to front-line management personnel and associates based on quality, productivity and attendance.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or related business field or four (4) years of related experience in lieu of degree required.
- Four (4) years of financial services experience with two (2) years accounting or reconciliation experience required.
- Direct credit card settlement experience strongly preferred.
- Related credit, banking, customer service and or collections experience preferred.
- Basic knowledge of client products and procedures relative to client’s individual portfolios helpful
- Prior supervisory experience is highly desirable.
Summary of Qualifications:
- General accounting knowledge including debits, credits and general ledger balancing.
- Highly proficient in standard mathematical calculations.
- Highly proficient in G/L account reconciliation.
- Keyboarding proficiency.
- Familiarity with Windows based computer applications.
- Analytical and decision-making skills.
- Ability to work under pressure; flexibility and willingness to work at a rapid pace.
- Ability to understand and carry out oral and written instructions.
- Ability to compose simple and advanced correspondence.
- The ability to multi-task is essential.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and we evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected characteristic. We will conduct a thorough background check for all hires in compliance with applicable law which includes (but may not be limited to) a review of factors including the applicant’s personal credit history, drug testing, and employment/personal references.
- Job Family Finance
- Job Function Manager
- Pay Type Salary
- Min Hiring Rate $87,000.00
- Max Hiring Rate $97,000.00
- CardWorks Servicing, 101 Crossways Park Drive West, Woodbury, New York, United States of America