Systems Engineer IV-Enterprise Systems & Data Analysis Research (RSC)
Manage system design and development projects. Perform systems and operations analysis, write code, determine and provide requirements and systems development.
JOB DESCRIPTION AND/OR DUTIES
1. Responsible for applying formal, established engineering and management principles to the analysis, design, implementation, documentation, and maintenance of systems developed.
2. Develop systems specifications, including translation of functional requirements specifications into detailed systems designs, and advise clients on the feasibility and cost-benefit of proposed systems.
3. Design systems integration strategies.
4. Provide guidance to group in applying advanced systems development methodologies and tools.
5. Function as project leader for systems development projects, including coordinating quality assurance processes, estimating project effort and duration, and directing the systems development life cycle.
6. Evaluate hardware and software products.
7. Identify new business opportunities with new and existing clients and work with CNA management to pursue those opportunities.
8. Perform other duties as assigned.
1. Education: Bachelor's degree in computer science, mathematics, operations research, or a related field. Advanced degree preferred.
2. Experience: Minimum of 8 years strong systems engineering experience or 10 years generally related experience.
3. Skills: Ability to work with and provide direction to others; working knowledge of some procedural programming languages quantitative and analytical skills; working knowledge of some object-oriented languages, working knowledge of some database language, knowledge of analysis and design tools that include diagramming techniques, formal specifications, and computer-aided software engineering (CASE) tools; working knowledge of software development lifecycle; working knowledge of various operating systems; strong oral and written communication skills and interpersonal skills.
Please include a personal statement as part of your application. A personal statement is a chance for us to get to know you. The statement is your opportunity to share your goals, interests, influences and show us that you will be a valuable asset to our organization. Please click here for personal statement guidelines – Click here
Personal statements will not be used as an elimination criteria for this position. They will only be used to enhance a candidate’s application
CNA is committed to providing equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service and protected veterans, or other non-merit based factors. In addition to federal legal requirements, CNA complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. These protections extend to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting and hiring practices, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training and career development programs. For more information about EEO protections, please view the EEO is the law posters here: "EEO is the Law" Poster", "EEO Poster Supplement". The pay transparency policy is available here: Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Poster. To be considered for hire, all individuals applying for positions with CNA are subject to a background investigation. For positions requiring access to classified information, U.S. citizenship is required. Individuals will also be subject to an additional government background investigation, and continued employment eligibility is contingent upon the ability to obtain and maintain an active security clearance.
- Job Family Systems/Software Engineering
- Job Function Career Path II - Expert & Research Specialist
- Pay Type Salary
- CNA, 3003 Washington Blvd, Arlington, Virginia, United States of America