Advisor (Aviation Data Analyst Lead)
The location of this position is hybrid in the Washington DC metro area to include time onsite at the FAA’s Command Center as well as remote work. This is a leadership position overseeing a team that supports operational shift positions.
CNA is currently seeking an Advisor – Aviation Data Analyst Lead for our Enterprise Systems and Data Analysis division in our Institute for Public Research. Candidates will lead a strong team providing real time data expertise and analysis to support aviation performance and operations for the FAA’s Air Traffic Control System Command Center.
Candidates will lead a team in supporting government clients to enable data driven operations of our national airspace system. The Aviation Data Analyst Lead will be a key team member overseeing a team providing on demand operational data analyses to support air traffic decision making as well as working on longer term air traffic data analyses. The candidate will apply expertise in databases, spatial data analyses, and problem solving to lead an innovative, operational, data-driven, and customer focused team energized by making an impact in support of the public good. As a team lead, the candidate should have the ability to occasionally adopt a flexible schedule to support real-time on-site shift-based operations in a fast-paced environment.
CNA fosters an inclusive culture that values diverse backgrounds and perspectives. Our flexible and engaging work environment encourages iterative and creative collaboration at every stage of the problem solving process. Our employees are committed to helping clients develop effective solutions to better manage their programs through scientific, data-driven approaches. We are looking for creative and innovative individuals to help carry out our mission.
JOB DESCRIPTION AND/OR DUTIES
1. Works independently under general supervision to lead and manage multiple projects of low to medium size and/or complexity simultaneously or larger, more complex projects that address a subject of expertise.
2. Demonstrates an advanced knowledge of principles, theories, and concepts to conduct research and analysis in support of projects within a given subject of expertise.
3. Prepare project reports and briefings.
4. Provide advanced knowledge and expertise related to project development.
5. Participate in identifying and pursuing business development opportunities related to a subject of expertise.
6. Develop and maintain professional contacts with decision makers and contract administrators at targeted agencies.
7. Actively support the development of proposals and marketing efforts in areas of expertise.
8. Advise management on planning, pursuit and success related to projects associated with proven areas of expertise.
9. Perform other duties as assigned.
1. Education: Bachelor's degree required in related technical field such as Engineering, Math or Science. Advanced degree highly preferred.
2. Experience: Minimum 5-8 years’ experience in working with databases and conducting data analytics. Demonstrated experience in a team leadership role.
- Demonstrated proficiency in working with databases such as Postgres, Oracle, MS SQL Server, Access, and/or Windows servers
- Demonstrated proficiency in working with spatial data, spatial databases (such as PostGIS and Oracle Spatial), and performing spatial analyses
- Experience with tools such as ArcGIS for spatial analysis preferred
- Experience in using SQL, PL/SQL, R, Python for analyzing large data sets
- Experience visualizing data to convey information with tools such as R, Tableau, or PowerBI
- Ability to write clear technical documentation and provide training
Project Management and Leadership skills:
- Ability to work collaboratively with other team members in a cross-collaborative environment, and to lead a technical team on complex projects producing quality work
- Strong interpersonal skills for interfacing with client representatives, internal customers, and vendor representatives
- Excellent customer service skills and attitude
- Ability to manage a project and deliver quality work within scope, budget, and schedule
- Ability to proactively identify technical and project risks and mitigations
- Good organization skills and attention to detail
- Good oral and written communications skills
- Willingness to work with a team supporting an operational shift environment, which may require support for hours on early mornings, evenings, or weekends on occasion.
- Willingness to work with and stay current with new technologies and work overtime when required
- Experience with aviation operations and air traffic data highly preferred
4. Other: Ability to obtain and maintain a Secret Security Clearance.
Please include a personal statement as part of your application. A personal statement is a chance for us to get to know you. The statement is your opportunity to share your goals, interests, influences and show us that you will be a valuable asset to our organization. Please click here for personal statement guidelines – Click here
Personal statements will not be used as an elimination criteria for this position. They will only be used to enhance a candidate’s application
CNA is committed to providing equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service and protected veterans, or other non-merit based factors. In addition to federal legal requirements, CNA complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. These protections extend to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting and hiring practices, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training and career development programs. For more information about EEO protections, please view the EEO is the law posters here: "EEO is the Law" Poster", "EEO Poster Supplement". The pay transparency policy is available here: Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Poster. To be considered for hire, all individuals applying for positions with CNA are subject to a background investigation. For positions requiring access to classified information, U.S. citizenship is required. Individuals will also be subject to an additional government background investigation, and continued employment eligibility is contingent upon the ability to obtain and maintain an active security clearance.
- Job Family Technical
- Job Function Career Path II - Expert & Research Specialist
- Employment Indicator (none)
- 800 Maine Ave SW, Washington, DC 20024, USA