Senior Advisor (Part-Time)
A Senior Advisor at CNA is a recognized expert within a portion of CNA in a technical area or in an area of subject matter expertise. They will lead and support by applying specialized expertise across a wide range of projects. They will provide advice to project directors on matters related to the specialized skill that is critical to project success.
CNA fosters an inclusive culture that values diverse backgrounds and perspectives. Our flexible and engaging work environment encourages iterative and creative collaboration at every stage of the problem solving process. Our employees are committed to helping clients develop effective solutions to better manage their programs through scientific, data-driven approaches. We are looking for creative and innovative individuals to help carry out our mission.
JOB DESCRIPTION AND/OR DUTIES
1. Works independently under limited supervision to lead and manage multiple projects of medium to large size and/or complexity that address a subject of expertise.
2. Demonstrates an advanced and comprehensive knowledge of principles, theories, and concepts to conduct research and analysis in support of projects within a given subject of expertise.
3. Prepare project reports and briefings.
4. Provide advanced and comprehensive knowledge and expertise related to project development.
5. Identify and pursue business development opportunities related to a subject of expertise.
6. Develop and maintain professional contacts with decision makers and contract administrators at targeted agencies.
7. Actively support the development of proposals and marketing efforts in areas of expertise.
8. Advise management on planning, pursuit and success related to projects associated with proven areas of expertise.
9. Perform other duties as assigned.
1. Education: Bachelor's degree in related field required. Advanced degree preferred.
2. Experience: Minimum 10 years’ experience in the field(s) of expertise.
3. Skills: Strong interpersonal skills and written and oral communication skills. Knowledge of best thinkers and policy practitioners in related fields. Good project management and computer skills.
Please include a personal statement as part of your application. A personal statement is a chance for us to get to know you. The statement is your opportunity to share your goals, interests, influences and show us that you will be a valuable asset to our organization. Please click here for personal statement guidelines – Click here
Personal statements will not be used as an elimination criteria for this position. They will only be used to enhance a candidate’s application
CNA is committed to providing equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service and protected veterans, or other non-merit based factors. In addition to federal legal requirements, CNA complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. These protections extend to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting and hiring practices, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training and career development programs. For more information about EEO protections, please view the EEO is the law posters here: "EEO is the Law" Poster", "EEO Poster Supplement". The pay transparency policy is available here: Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Poster. To be considered for hire, all individuals applying for positions with CNA are subject to a background investigation. For positions requiring access to classified information, U.S. citizenship is required. Individuals will also be subject to an additional government background investigation, and continued employment eligibility is contingent upon the ability to obtain and maintain an active security clearance.
- Job Family Research
- Job Function Career Path II - Expert & Research Specialist
- CNA, 3003 Washington Blvd, Arlington, Virginia, United States of America