Security Officer II $27 per Hour
Security Officer II: In order to qualify for this position you must be an honorably discharged member of a police department. This position is eligible for a $2,000 Sign On Bonus, subject to the terms in the Sign-On Bonus program. This position is also eligible for FREE medical, dental, vision and life insurance benefits on the first of the month following 60 days of employment.”
1. Required to maintain a valid and active weapon permit to carry out job duties carrying a firearm.
2. Ability to demonstrate proficiency with a firearm.
3. Ensure that established rules, regulations, policies and procedures are carried out at all times.
4. Ability to lift and carry various items ranging in weight between 0-100 pounds
5. Ability to push and pull various items ranging in weight between 0-100 pounds
6. Ability to walk and stand throughout an entire shift, eight (8) hours or more.
7. Required to make money transfers to areas of confined space.
8. Possess the strength to physically detain and/or arrest a patron or employee.
9. Investigates accidents, thefts and disturbances.
10. Testifies in court if needed.
11. Provides escort if needed.
12. In the event of an emergency, must ensure that established policies and procedures pertaining to safety and security are carried out.
13. Unlocks appropriate doors for employee
14. Is able to walk and stand throughout the entire eight (8) hour shift.
15. Provides emergency first aid in appropriate situations.
16. Operates the following equipment: Portable radio, electric cart, parking lot transportation carts, and company shuttle vans.
17. Must be able to work full-time and any overtime as required; with or without notice.
Work Experience Required: Must have completed a California POST certified police academy (or the equivalent from another State, or Federal Law Enforcement Training Academy), and been Honorably Retired and/or Honorably Separated from service from a credentialed law enforcement agency. Determination of qualifying service will be at the discretion of the Director of Security.
Education: High School Diploma, Weapons Permit, Active Guard Card, Baton Permit, and First Aid/CPR certifications are required at time of appointment, or have the ability to obtain such permits within 6 months of appointment.
- Job Family Regular
- Pay Type Hourly
- Required Education High School
- 6131 Telegraph Rd, Commerce, CA 90040, USA