Security Officer I $21 per Hour with $2,000 Sign-On Bonus
Commerce Casino is the world’s largest card casino offering more than 200 tables. Established in 1983, the casino values its staff of over 2,500 employees and is proud to be known as “Where the World Comes to Play.” Commerce Casino offers a comprehensive benefits package to include medical, dental, vision, life, flexible spending accounts, 401(k), vacation time, and much more!
Security Officer I: This position is eligible for a $2,000 Sign On Bonus, subject to the terms in the Sign-On Bonus program
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
1. Required to maintain a valid and active weapon permit to carry out job duties consistent with carrying a firearm.
2. Ability to demonstrate proficiency with a firearm.
3. Ensure that established rules, regulations, policies and procedures are carried out at all times.
4. Ability to lift and carry various items ranging in weight between 0-100 pounds
5. Ability to push and pull various items ranging in weight between 0-100 pounds
6. Ability to walk and stand throughout an entire shift, eight (8) hours or more.
7. Required to make money transfers to areas of confined space.
8. Possess the strength to physically detain and/or arrest a patron or employee.
9. Investigate accidents, thefts and disturbances
10. Testify in court if needed
11. Provide escorts if needed
12. In the event of an emergency, must ensure that established policies and procedures pertaining to safety and security are carried out.
13. Unlocks appropriate doors at for employee
14. Is able to walk and stand throughout the entire eight (8) hour shift.
15. Provides emergency first aid in appropriate situations.
16. Operates the following equipment: Portable radio, electric cart, parking lot transportation carts, and company vehicles
17. Must be able to work full-time and any overtime as required; with or without notice.
Education: High School Diploma, Weapons Permit, Active Guard Card, Baton Permit, and First Aid/CPR certifications are required at the time of appointment, or have the ability to obtain such permits within 6 months of appointment.
1. Must be able to speak, read, and understand the English language.
2. Current California driver license.
3. Strong verbal and interpersonal skills.
4. Must complete continuing education and training during employment at a minimum of twice per year.
5. Attendance and punctuality are essential functions of the position.
- Job Family Regular
- Pay Type Hourly
- Travel Required No
- Required Education High School
- 6131 Telegraph Rd, Commerce, CA 90040, USA