Poker Student $15.50 - $16.00 per hour
Commerce Casino is the world’s largest card casino offering more than 200 tables. Established in 1983, the casino values its staff of over 2,500 employees and is proud to be known as “Where the World Comes to Play.” Commerce Casino offers a comprehensive benefits package to include medical, dental, vision, life, flexible spending accounts, 401(k), vacation time, and much more!
Get PAID $15.50-$16.00 per hour to learn how to deal Poker at Commerce Casino! Graduate the Commerce Casino Poker Dealer Training to become a tipped Poker Dealer making an average of $30 per hour! No experience necessary!
Poker Student Schedule: 11:00am-4:30pm Monday-Friday. If you are later hired to be a Poker Dealer, you must be able to work any schedule including weekends, graveyard and Holidays.
After you submit your application, please join us to take a basic, 10-min math test on one of the dates/times listed below at the CASINO SERVICES DESK:
Monday 12/11/23: 10am | 12pm | 3pm
Wednesday 12/13/23: 10am | 12pm | 3pm
You must have the 3 original documents listed below as they will be required to receive a job offer:
1) US Passport, US Birth Certificate, Resident Card, Work Authorization Card, or Citizenship Certificate.
2) California ID or License
3) Social Security Card
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Receives training from Commerce Casino in order to deal all Poker games in an effective and concise manner.
- Practices dealing all Poker games to reach a minimum of 26.8 hands dealt per hour, pursuant to departmental dealing procedures.
- After at least 1 month of training, Poker Student to attempt to pass Poker Dealer audition with a satisfactory score to gain regular employment as a Poker Dealer.
- Must be able to hand shuffle, it is an essential function of this position.
- Required to sit in forty (40) minutes at a time, for at least an eight (8) hour shift.
- May be required lift up to twenty-five (25) pounds for various job-related duties.
- Employee must be able to perform duties without wearing tinted glasses, as such can affect the integrity of the games.
- Performs all other work-related duties as assigned by Casino Management.
· High School Diploma and/or equivalent certificate and/or one year dealing experience.
· Must be able to speak, read, and understand English.
· Strong verbal and interpersonal skills.
· Successful completion of a dealer audition and in-house dealer training.
· Must demonstrate positive/enthusiastic approach to all assignments.
· Attendance and punctuality are an essential function of the position.
- Pay Type Hourly
- 6131 Telegraph Rd, Commerce, CA 90040, USA