Position: Accounting Manager
Reporting Relationship: Sr. Director of Finance/Controller
Status: Full-Time (Exempt)
The Accounting Manager will be an integral part of the finance department of the Carolina Panthers with offices at Bank of America Stadium. The position will have a variety of responsibilities, which are described below. This position reports to the Sr. Director of Finance/Controller.
- Assist in month-end closing procedures and account reconciliations
- Assist in preparing for, and managing the process around, the annual audit
- Assist in controlling expenses effectively and efficiently
- Assist in coordinating and managing the annual budget process
- Ensure the accurate and timely processing of accounts payable
- Retain constant awareness of the company’s financial position and act to prevent problems
- Conduct analysis to make forecasts and report to upper executives
- Calculate variances from the budget, report significant issues to management, and assist in rectifying
- Stay current with new accounting pronouncements as they relate to the business
- Ensure adherence to financial laws and guidelines
- Must display strong ethical conduct
- At least 5 years of finance and accounting experience in either the public or private sector
- Must have a Bachelor’s degree
- Must have a strong technical capacity for financial accounting software and Excel
- Must have strong working knowledge of financial laws
- Must pass pre-employment screenings
Skills for Success
- Must have strong written and verbal communication skills
- Works well under pressure while maintaining a positive attitude
- Must exhibit teamwork, reliability, and dependability
- Must maintain complete confidentiality of privileged and/or sensitive information
- Must be detail-oriented and must be able to multi-task while managing time successfully
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
This role would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand, as necessary.
This job operates in a clerical office setting. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, and filing cabinets.
- Monday – Friday, 8:30 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.
- Evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
- Pay Type Salary
- 800 S Mint St, Charlotte, NC 28202, USA