Sports Fields Assistant (Panthers)
Position: Assistant – Sports Fields (Panthers)
Department: Stadium Operations – Sports Field Management
Reporting Relationship: Director of Sports Fields & Grounds
Status: Full-Time (Non-Exempt)
This position is responsible for assisting in the execution of the operational plans and procedures of Sports fields at the facilities managed by Tepper Sports & Entertainment including, but not limited to, Bank of America Stadium, Atrium Health Practice Facility, and McAlpine Park Training Facility.
- Assist with field testing to ensure league compliance of Field of Play Standards for NFL, MLS, FIFA Quality Pro across all properties.
- Assist in the layout, painting, and conversion of the fields for sporting and live events.
- Carry out tasks and operational plan assigned by Manager.
- Assist with field preparation for all sporting and live events.
- Implement cultural practices and maintenance of Sports Fields.
- Assist in field preparation and maintenance for NFL training camp.
- Calibrate and apply pesticides and fertilizers.
- Operate Sports Field Maintenance and landscape equipment and machinery.
- Graduation from an accredited University in Turfgrass Science, Agronomy, Related field OR possess Certification from accredited University.
- 1+ Years Experience working in the Sports Field Management industry.
- Working knowledge of Sports Field Management
- Ability to execute Agronomic, Best Management, IPM Plans.
- Working knowledge of multi-Sport field painting, field layout and measurement, and field preparation for events.
- Minimum experience with the use, calibration, and application of pesticides and fertilizers.
- Experience using and maintaining various types of equipment used for fields and landscape maintenance.
- Working knowledge of pesticide and fertilizer application methods and spraying equipment calibration.
- Working knowledge of cultural aspects of Turfgrass management.
- Willing to obtain and maintain a pesticide applicator’s license.
- Working knowledge of irrigation system operation, repair, and maintenance.
- Flexible to work evenings and/or weekends and all Carolina Panthers, Charlotte FC and Stadium events, including events held on weekends, nights, and holidays when necessary.
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Ability to pass pre-employment screens and background check.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Able to participate in a team style work environment.
- Ability to communicate with departmental leadership.
- Works well under pressure while maintaining a positive attitude.
- Flexible and adaptable when preparing for sporting and live events.
- Approachable and available to staff and peers.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Operates with a high level of accountability and professionalism.
- Ability to handle confidential, privileged, and/or sensitive information with carefully and with sensitivity.
- Detail and results oriented.
- Standing and walking for extended periods of time.
- Sitting and working at desk on a computer.
- Lift at least 50 pounds.
- Operating heavy machinery.
- This job operates mostly in an outside environment and in a stadium facility at times which may include inclement weather conditions.
- This position operates in a fast pace working environment with schedules that are subject to change.
The Carolina Panthers are an equal opportunity at-will employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, religion, color, disability, sex, sexual orientation, or national origin.
- Pay Type Hourly
- 800 S Mint St, Charlotte, NC 28202, USA