Head of Engineering & Sustainability
Position: Head of Engineering & Sustainability
Reports To: Chief Venues Officer
Status: Full-Time (Exempt)
As a valuable leader on the Stadium team, this position is responsible for the safe, efficient, sustainable and reliable physical operation and maintenance of Bank of America Stadium, Atrium Health Dome and Atrium Health Performance Park. Reporting to the Chief Venues Officer, the Head of Stadium Engineering & Sustainability will act as a leader in operational efficiencies, innovation, and excellence to create the ultimate athlete, employee and fan experience at all Tepper Sports & Entertainment (TSE) venues & events.
- Prepare and develop the 5 year Stadium modernization plan that addresses aging asset replacement, modernization of all building systems and aligned sustainability plan
- Provide leadership to departmental teams and activities that operate 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, establishing a culture of safety, customer service, compliance, quality & sustainability
- Lead stadium engineering & facility system operations and the maintenance of all TSE facilities including all associated building systems.
- Lead all aspects of the scheduling and deployment of maintenance staff and contractors in the operation and maintenance of the mechanical and physical: chiller plants, electrical, plumbing, carpentry, refrigeration, food & beverage equipment.
- Maintain the budget in support of operational needs including maintaining purchase and work-order systems to ensure equipment and supplies are available in a timely and effective manner for both external and internal guests.
- Understand and own all back of house systems including electrical, power, water, steam, building automation, lighting automation, Fire Safety Systems & HVAC.
- Recruit, develop and mentor Stadium engineering & operations team members.
- Coordinate and manage all outside contractors; including, but not limited to, elevators, refrigeration, building operators, HVAC, Air filtration and associated contractors
- Ensure open communication and mutual support between engineering, operations, project development and front of house guest services
- Oversee the repairs and maintenance for Bank of America Stadium, Atrium Health Dome(Panthers Practice facility) and Atrium Health Performance Park(Charlotte FC Practice Facility)
- Lead and collaborate all facility modifications with the project development team and all 3rd party retail, food & beverage operations
- Ensure that required training for all facility services staff including but not limited to forklift, stage building, safe work and behavioral best practices.
- Run an inventory management process which includes but not limited to tools, hardware, furniture, attic stock and uniforms.
- Catalyst in implementing standard operating procedures focused on the long-term success of the venues and well-being of mechanical equipment.
- Participate in special projects and complete other duties as requested
- Bachelors Degree in Facility Management-Facilities Engineering Degree (preferred)
- Senior-level experience running the operations (In a commercial, educational, municipal and/or industrial facility) for a professional sports stadium and/or entertainment facility.
- Extensive knowledge of facility maintenance, MEP, MNR, refrigeration systems and facility environmental systems
- Experience in developing an end to end venue sustainability program
- Recent professional experience in engineering and maintenance or related professional area, including technical training in HVAC-R/Electrical/Plumbing & Class B Refrigeration
- Must be adaptable with the ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Organized and diligent, resourceful, quick learner and able to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Must be a proven effective team leader with the ability to manage, grow, and develop a large team
- Able to deliver effective presentations; able to change delivery to suit needs of different audiences.
- Able to lead a team across all disciplines of facilities management including (but not limited to) carpentry, plumbing, electrical, maintenance, painting, and building/construction.
- Able to understand and communicate pertinent building and business regulations.
- Strong analysis skills and comfortable with financial analysis of budget, forecast, and performance.
- Available to work evenings, weekends, holidays and on-call as the need arises.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Must pass pre-employment screens.
Skills for Success
- Ability to improve and lead a positive, innovative, and encouraging work environment.
- Perform well in a fast-paced environment, balance multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Attention to detail, and time management skills!
- Bending, standing, reaching, kneeling, and lifting materials.
- Driving a company owned vehicle.
- Operating stadium machinery such as forklifts and scissor lifts (training will be provided).
- Lifting 50 pounds, working on a ladder or scaffolding, using power tools, and performing other facility maintenance functions.
- Ability to work in variable temperatures, including extreme hot and cold weather based on the season.
- Must be able to work in confined/narrow spaces.
- Walking throughout the facility, sometimes for an extended period and, at times, in inclement weather.
This job operates in all areas of the facility both inside and outside. At times it may include inclement weather working conditions. The job includes some work in an office environment as well.
- Pay Type Salary
- 800 S Mint St, Charlotte, NC 28202, USA