Senior Director/Executive Producer - Game Presentation and Production
Position: Sr. Director/Executive Producer of Game Presentation & Production
Department: Event Presentation and Production
Reports to: Chief Venues Officer
Status: Full-Time (Exempt)
Company: Tepper Sports & Entertainment
The Sr. Director / Executive Producer, Game Presentation and Production will guide the planning, strategy, development and execution of game presentation elements for Tepper Sports and Entertainment (inclusive of the Carolina Panthers, Charlotte Football Club and major events at Bank of America Stadium). This individual serves as the steward for video strategy and production for all events as the leader of the department. Our vision is to offer best in class and state of the art entertainment to our fans and season ticket holders. The position will lead the department in building creative content to enhance the in-game entertainment experience and maximize the opportunity to foster brand affinity at Bank of America Stadium and across the Carolinas. This indiviual is constantly monitoring the industry for technological advancements and creative entertainment opportunities for in-game and venue experience so that we can continue to deliver extraordinary experiences to our guests.
The Sr. Director / Executive Producer will develop close working relationships with the Content, Creative, Brand and Consumer Marketing teams to ensure we are amplifying priority Marketing initiatives at our events. This individual will also manage a highly coordinated effort to program and produce events, liaising with Stadium Operations, Ticketing, Partnerships, Community and Alumni Relation teams to ensure flawless execution of the goals and vision of all stakeholders. The role will use imagination and originality to enhance event programming and implement entertaining concepts into the show. Additionally, this individual will liase with NFL and MLS Game Presentation to stay on top of league guidelines and best practices, while also folrmulating meaningful relationships with teams across the NFL, MLS and other leagues.
- Oversees Game Presentation for the Carolina Panthers, Charlotte FC, ACC Football Championship and other college football games
- Oversee the creation of a department production calendar, timing sheets, rundowns, scripts, and other production related documents, distributing to key stakeholders as appropriate
- Leads the exploration, design, and implementation of technology/lighting/ pyro elements to enhance the fan experience.
- Approves all pre-produced video content, refreshes the in-game music archive for use during games based on analytics and ticket-buyer’s demographics, and manages the creative development of PurrCussion, Black and Blue, TopCats and Sir Purr.
- Develop process and communication with football Operations to ensure we are achieving their goals and appropriately creating home field advantage through replays, music and content that generates engagement from our fan
- Work with Partnerships to develop, pitch and execute programming elements that drive revenue, elevate the fan experience, and achieve partner objectives
- Maintain a close working relationship with the control room staff and gameday crew, including a physical presence leading up to and during games to ensure seamless communication
- Oversee the relationship with various technology, production and operational vendors
- Support production for in-market events such as viewing parties, corporate events, initiatives in Germany and community events
- Research and stay apprised of Game Presentation trends across professional sports leagues, implementing new and innovative programming at TSE events
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
- At least 7 years of experience of senior level sports/entertainment experience working in live events, sports and event production.
- Must have extensive experience and a proven track record in live events and sports production including managing complex production budgets and schedules.
- Must have a successful track record efficiently creating new content that can be distributed across multiple platforms.
- Must have experience leading, motivating, and developing a team
- Must be creative and have a well-developed sense of storytelling.
- Ability to cultivate meaningful, trust-based relationships across levels and departments
- Must be willing to work evenings and/or weekends and Carolina Panthers, Charlotte Football Club and Stadium events, including events held on weekends, nights, and holidays
- Content & broadcast production skills and experience is a major plus
Skills for Success:
- Model the TSE Values
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Excellent organization and time management skills and ability to work within tight timeframes and deadlines
- Must have excellent collaboration skills and instincts and be able to work as a partner with multiple constituencies.
- Must have outstanding leadership skills, the ability to inspire and motivate a large diverse workforce based in multiple locations.
- Adaptable, with the ability to solve problems and navigate the evolving nature of live events
- Passionate, creative spirit, who can actively lead and engage in brainstorm sessions
- Will have excellent communication and presentation abilities and strong negotiating/analytical skills.
- Must have passion and enthusiasm for sports.
- Capacity to excel in a fast-paced environment and support multiple stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Demonstrated ability to lead and influence large groups in high pressure environments
- Professional demeanor with a strong work ethic
- Standing for extended periods of time
- Sitting and working at desk on a computer
- Walking throughout the stadium which may include stairs
- Lift at least 30 pounds
- This job operates mostly in an office and production room environment and outside in a stadium facility at times which may include inclement weather conditions.
- Pay Type Salary
- 800 S Mint St, Charlotte, NC 28202, USA