Ticket Sales Account Executive - Panthers
Position: Ticket Sales Account Executive
Department: Ticket Sales
Reporting Relationship: Reports to the Ticket Sales Manager
Status: Full-Time (Exempt)
Compensation: Salary plus commission
- Selling Responsibilities:
- PSLs and Season Tickets through outbound sales calls, phone sales and large account promotions
- Silver Club Level PSLs and Season Tickets
- Upgrading current PSL Owners through outbound and service calls
- Single Game Tickets
- Group Tickets
- Additional Selling Responsibilities
- Long Term Luxury Suites through outbound sales calls and networking contacts.
- Suite Club Memberships, Single Game Luxury Suites and Corporate Hospitality Packages
- Represent the Carolina Panthers in various organizational promotions, charity functions, speaking engagements.
- Assist (as needed) in the development, coordination, implementation of game day activities.
- Committed to the support of department goals and objectives, such as budgets and sales goals.
- Provide Sales Manager with necessary support/statistical data
- Provide extreme customer service to all clients, including relationship building, day to day operations, written correspondence, phone calls, account inquiries, appointment scheduling, follow up, etc.
- Work with Premium Service, Ticket Operations and Ticket Service Representatives to ensure all accounts are active, documented and up-to-date on invoicing, contracts, renewals, etc.
- Assist in determining and implementing enhancement programs for full season accounts to generate sales and member retention.
- Ensure proper maintenance of full season accounts is performed and current quality standards are met or exceeded.
- Assist in the overall success & meeting goals of the sales area of the Ticket Office
- Administrative duties including filing, answering phones, and provide support to Ticketing Department
- Assist with all functions of the Ticket Office including, but not limited to, ticket sales, phone calls, written correspondence, special promotions and programs, etc.
- Other duties as assigned by Department Leadership
- Fulfill various responsibilities by assisting other departments (as needed)
- At least one year of ticket sales experience at the collegiate or professional level
- Must be flexible and available to work evenings and/or weekends, nights, and holidays
- Must pass pre-employment screens
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Works well under pressure while maintaining a positive attitude
- Must be a team player, reliable, and dependable
- Ability to make sound decisions and exercise independent judgement and discretion with integrity and accountability, while working in a fast-paced, high-demand, and sometimes strenuous environment
- Must maintain complete confidentiality of privileged, and/or sensitive information
- Must, at all times, display the character and values of the Tepper Sports & Entertainment brand
- Must be able to multi-task while managing time successfully
- Sitting at desk and computer for long periods of time
- Standing for extended periods of time
- Must be able to lift 15 pounds at a time
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The Carolina Panthers are an equal opportunity at-will employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, religion, color, disability, sex, sexual orientation, or national origin.
- Pay Type Salary
- 800 S Mint St, Charlotte, NC 28202, USA