Sr Plastic Welder - Airgard
A plastic welder uses specialized equipment and welding tools to fabricate and assemble plastic parts into a finished product according to print specifications in a timely manner to meet customer requirements and the production schedule.
Duties and Main Responsibilities:
- Read and interpret spec drawings and blueprints, schematic diagrams, and internal orders to determine appropriate set-up, production method, and sequence of operation.
- Create and use templates and fixtures.
- Drill, cut, shape, and form plastic products.
- Precision hand-welding to assemble parts and subassemblies.
- Follow prepared plans to ensure assembly is completed efficiently and without error.
- Inspect completed welds to determine structural soundness.
- Maintain specifications while performing welding processes; take measurements; detect defects; troubleshoot processes; adjust and reset welding equipment; sharpen and replace worn tools; adhere to quality assurance procedures and processes.
- Capable of building welded subassemblies with little or no guidance.
- Assist and lead other fabricators when required.
- Escalate concerns relating to product quality, safety, or process issues to lead or supervisor.
- Maintain a safe and clean work environment, including tools, gauges, and equipment.
- Promote a safe workplace in compliance with all safety requirements, policies, and procedures.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Good hand eye coordination
- Good work attendance
- Good mechanical aptitude
- Good math skills
- Welding Experience
- Problem solving and good thinking skills.
- Experience using grinders, saws all, drills and Dremel tools.
- Ability to read CAD prints.
Education / Expertise Requirements:
- HS Diploma or GED Equivalent.
- 2+ years’ experience in a manufacturing environment preferred.
- 5+ years - Plastic Welding Experience preferred.
- Good oral, written, and reading skills.
- Basic Computer Skills
Working conditions and physical effort:
- Moderate physical activity and standing. Requires some light physical work; must be able to lift, push, or pull objects up to 50 pounds.
- Work environment involves minimal exposure to physical risks, such as operating dangerous equipment or working with chemicals.
CPS (an Exyte Group Company) is a group of manufacturing and design companies providing innovative product solutions to the semiconductor, life science, chemical processing, gas systems, wastewater, mining, power generation and other industries. We provide a broad range of products & services including liquid, chemical, and gas storage, blending, and delivery control, pre-fabricated high purity process utility modules, corrosive fume exhaust duct, and airflow control devices. With the breadth of our product offerings and engineering capabilities we can offer broad turnkey solutions or targeted niche products depending on our customer’s needs and desires.
Critical Process System Group offers competitive compensation and a complete benefits package that includes: Annual Performance-Based Bonuses, Medical, Dental, Vision, Health Savings Account, Short/Long Term Disability, Life and AD&D Insurance. 401k deferral and match program, PTO and Paid Holidays and Employee Assistance Program.
Paid Volunteer Time Off, Above & Beyond Recognition, Birthday Recognition, Wellness Program with challenges, incentives and rewards all year!
If you are looking for a future with a company known for its inventiveness and passion for progress, look no further...... your career is right here!
- Pay Type Hourly
- Milpitas, CA 95035, USA