Shipping and Receiving FTI
At Fab-Tech, we set the industry standard for manufacturing safe and reliable corrosive fume exhaust duct systems. Our PermaShield Pipe (PSP) is recognized worldwide as the premier solution for corrosive and hazardous fume exhaust needs. We are laser focused on safety and committed to providing our customers with the best, safest, most environmentally responsible products in the industry. We greatly value our employees and understand that providing the highest quality products and support starts with people who feel welcomed, safe, happy and professionally challenged.
1st and 2nd Shift
An entry level position in a production environment with no prior experience required. In this area you are responsible for preparing products for shipment ensuring that all production standards are maintained.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties and related work may be assigned as necessary. Under close supervision you’ll be introduced to a series of duties and responsibilities with increasing complexity to include, but are not limited to the following:
· Identify and package correct parts per order
· Ensure correct number of parts and accuracy of products shipped
· Process orders via the company’s software for shipping, and receiving and complete necessary documentation
· Identify appropriate packaging; fabricate skids and crates as needed.
· Comply with health, safety (including OSHA), and environmental procedures and ensures cleanliness of the area.
· Continue to learn and expand one’s capacity within this job by increasing knowledge and skill base.
· Perform various other assignments per lead person or manager direction.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Minimum Education, Certifications, and Qualifications
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
· Can speak and understand basic English with an emphasis on complying with: directions, fundamental shop safety procedures, and production standards
· Reading and writing skills with an emphasis on understanding and completing Shipping and Receiving documentation
· Basic math skills including adding and subtracting whole numbers and fractions
· Can accurately read a tape measure to 1/16"
· Ability to work quickly and efficiently under pressure
· Ability to operate a forklift efficiently and safely
· Forklift experience preferred but not required
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the production area is usually moderately loud. The Shipping department is a sectioned off area of the production floor.
· Safety glasses and hearing protection are required when in the production area
· PPE specific to the tasks being performed is required
- Competitive Compensation
- Annual Bonus Program
- Health Care: Medical, Dental, Vision, Flexible Spending Account Options, and Health Savings Account that includes a company contribution
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with Company Match
- Company Sponsored Short/Long-Term Disability
- Company Sponsored Life and AD&D Insurance
- Paid Time-Off & 9 Paid Holidays
- Free Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Tuition Assistance
- Pay Type Hourly
- 480 Hercules Dr, Colchester, VT 05446, USA