Fab-Tech, Inc. in Colchester, Vermont, employs an exceptional team of hardworking, quality focused individuals, a number of whom have been here since the very beginning, 30+ years ago! We are passionate about safety and committed to providing our customers with the best, safest, most environmentally responsible products in the industry.
IN A NUTSHELL
Responsibilities include, but not limited to, the Quality oversight of all manufacturing operations activities. Provide specific direction to manufacturing supervisors, leads and lead staff through in-direct supervision, coaching, training, and assistance in production areas as necessary. Set performance goals and quality requirements for production. Review and assess manufacturing and operational quality performance. Sustain performance within a Lean production environment, maintain a continuous flow posture and promote continuous improvement.
The successful candidate will foster an atmosphere of success through accountability, communication and LEAN methodology.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Oversee the Quality related function of the Manufacturing Operations at all coated metal facilities.
- Develop, monitor and analyze Key Performance Indicators on direct labor/productivity, quality, and capacity measures on regular weekly or monthly basis.
- Foster a culture of accountability and communication and employee engagement.
- Continuously evaluate day-to-day activities, make recommendations for continuous improvement and oversee implementation.
- Ensure quality meets or exceeds customer specifications.
- Install LEAN concepts and foster culture of continual improvement (as part of productivity and quality improvement).
- Work closely with engineering to ensure engineering designs that are easy to manufacture and reduce manufacturing labor and materials.
- Work closely with supply chain to ensure incoming material quality meets the specifications and standards of the PermaShield product line.
- Develop and maintain a cost-conscious culture; invest wisely; spend to make money
- Implement coating production method improvements, recommend/request equipment upgrades, enhancements or additions that will help improve quality, productivity and capacity.
- Work collaboratively with other departments in the overall leadership of the company.
- Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned as necessary.
WHAT YOU NEED TO BE SUCCESSFULL
To perform the job successfully, this candidate must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Requirements below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Quality Management or related field.
- A minimum of 8 years of leadership experience in a quality role within a manufacturing environment.
- Strong knowledge of quality foundations and processes
- Knowledge of production control, staff plans, and budget management.
- Knowledge in Lean methods and continuous flow.
- Capability to gather and analyze data, identify trends, and draw conclusions from data
- Experience leading a quality program in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience developing and implementing a quality management system in a multi-site manufacturing environment.
- Demonstrated experience with Lean methods, continuous flow, and a CQI environment.
- Proficiency with computer applications including MS Office programs, ERP software solutions.
- Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills – report writing, business correspondence and procedures manuals
- Maintain a calm approach when faced with disagreement or differences of opinion.
Physical Demands & Work Environment
- Standing, walking, and occasionally lifting (up to 50 lbs. unassisted)
- Characteristics include periodic noise (within safety limits) from manufacturing processes
- Safety glasses, Steel toe or Composite toe work shoes, Hearing protection, and other required protection must be worn when in the manufacturing area
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU
- Competitive Compensation
- Bonus Program
- Health Care: Medical, Dental, Vision, Flexible Spending Account Options, and Health Savings Account that includes a company contribution
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with Company Match
- Company Sponsored Short/Long-Term Disability
- Life and AD&D Insurance
- Paid Time-Off & 9 Paid Holidays
- Free Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Tuition Assistance
CPS (an Exyte Group Company) is a group of manufacturing and design companies providing innovative product solutions to the semiconductor, life science, chemical processing, gas systems, wastewater, mining, power generation and other industries. We provide a broad range of products & services including liquid, chemical, and gas storage, blending, and delivery control, pre-fabricated high purity process utility modules, corrosive fume exhaust duct, and airflow control devices. With the breadth of our product offerings and engineering capabilities we can offer broad turnkey solutions or targeted niche products depending on our customer’s needs and desires.
If you are looking for a future with a company known for its inventiveness and passion for progress, look no further...... your career is right here!
- Job Family CPS Group
- Pay Type Salary
- Required Education Bachelor’s Degree
- 480 Hercules Dr, Colchester, VT 05446, USA
- 9191 W Buckeye Rd, Tolleson, AZ 85353, USA