Welder Apprentice FTI
At Fab-Tech, we set the industry standard for manufacturing safe and reliable corrosive fume exhaust duct systems. Our PermaShield Pipe (PSP) is recognized worldwide as the premier solution for corrosive and hazardous fume exhaust needs. We are laser focused on safety and committed to providing our customers with the best, safest, most environmentally responsible products in the industry. We greatly value our employees and understand that providing the highest quality products and support starts with people who feel welcomed, safe, happy and professionally challenged.
Hours: 5:00am - 3:30pm
The primary responsibilities of this position include prepping products for welding and finishing products after welding in a manner that ensures the proper and safe production of our high quality line of PSP® products.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties and related work may be assigned as necessary.
- Set up the work area, keep area tidy, and meet the daily production and quality demands of the Weld Shop.
- Prepare products to be welded through various support related tasks including preparing equipment, preparing products for purge welding and lifting, holding and positioning parts.
- Perform some light welding tasks with the GTAW process.
- Comply with health, safety, (including OSHA), and environmental procedures, and ensure the cleanliness of the area.
- Comply with established production philosophies designed to increase production, safety and/or quality; e.g., Lean Manufacturing, 5s and TWI methodologies.
- Continue to learn and expand one’s capacity within this job by increasing knowledge and skill base
- Perform various other assignments per Department Lead’s direction.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Willingness to learn the GTAW welding skills and gain knowledge of how all the equipment operates.
- Can speak and understand English with an emphasis on complying with: directions, fundamental shop safety procedures, and production standards.
- Willingness to work in other departments as needed.
- Good communication and teamwork skills.
- Math skills to include basic arithmetic.
- Can accurately read a tape measure to 1/16"
Location: 480 Hercules Drive, Colchester VT
- Competitive Compensation
- Annual Bonus Program
- Health Care: Medical, Dental, Vision, Flexible Spending Account Options, and Health Savings Account that includes a company contribution
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with Company Match
- Company Sponsored Short/Long-Term Disability
- Company Sponsored Life and AD&D Insurance
- Paid Time-Off & 9 Paid Holidays
- Free Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Tuition Assistance
- Pay Type Hourly
- 480 Hercules Dr, Colchester, VT 05446, USA