Software Engineer - Full Stack
Atlanta, GA, USA ● Boca Raton, FL, USA ● San Diego, CA, USA ● Virtual
Monday, June 26, 2023
Cross Country Healthcare is looking for top talent to join our team! Cross Country Healthcare, Inc. (CCH) is a leader in providing total talent management including strategic workforce solutions, contingent staffing, permanent placement and other consultative services for healthcare clients. Leveraging over 35 years of expertise and insight, CCH solves complex labor-related challenges for clients while providing high-quality outcomes and exceptional patient care. As a multi-year Best of Staffing® Award winner, CCH is committed to excellence in delivery of its services and was the first public company to earn The Joint Commission Gold Seal of Approval® for Health Care Staffing Services Certification with Distinction.
The Software Engineer - Full Stack is responsible for developing and maintaining modular, reusable back-end components using Node.js, Java, and .NET. Additionally, the Engineer will be responsible for developing and maintaining reusable user interface components with React.js, React Native, Next.js and Angular.
- Contribute to backend design, technical direction, and backend architecture including collaborating with various teams
- Translate designs and process wireframes into high-quality code
- Design efficient and reusable backend systems that drive complex applications, front-end systems that drive complex web applications, components that drive mobile applications
- Implement the features and user interfaces using React.js, React Native, and Angular
- Optimize components for maximum performance across a vast array of web-capable devices and browsers.
- Create microservices using Node.js, Java, and .NET.
- Building cloud applications with Amazon Web Services (AWS) using services like API Gateway, Lambda, SQS, EventBridge, and S3.
- Build reusable components and front-end libraries for future use utilizing technologies like Stencil and Storybook.
- Create testable, universally available applications and services with monitoring and alerting
- Identify and resolve performance and scalability issues
- Stay on top of technology changes in the market and continuously look for opportunities to leverage modern technology
- Participate in code reviews, proactively identifying and mitigating potential issues and defects as well as assisting with continuous improvement
- Develop automated testing plans and automate the delivery of components using CI/CD.
- Optimize components for maximum performance across a vast array of devices
- Participate in the execution of business goals
- Mentor less experienced team members
- Collaborate with Product Designers, Product Managers, and other Software Engineers to deliver compelling user-facing products
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science / related engineering field OR equivalent experience
- in related field
- 7+ years of experience in backend development, front end development, and mobile development (Android and iOS)
- Experience with React Native concepts and workflows, as well as native Android and iOS tools.
- Experience with popular Node.js frameworks (Express.js, Serverless Framework, etc.)
- Proficient in profiling and improving the performance of both back-end and front-end components, as well as mobile applications.
- Familiarity with new specifications of ECMAScript and Typescript.
- Understanding the nature of asynchronous programming and its quirks and workarounds.
- Good understanding of any server-side templating languages .
- Experience with RESTful APIs and GraphQL/AppSync.
- Have a strong understanding of concepts like concurrency, parallelism, event driven architecture.
- Have experience with REST-ful APIs for internal and external products.
- Experience with technologies like Redis, Elasticsearch, NoSQL, RDBMS, Queues, Event Bus and Cloud Functions.
- Knowledgeable of modern authorization mechanisms such as JSON Web Tokens, oAuth2, AWS Cognito, Key Cloak.
- Ability to author modern CI/CD build pipelines and familiarity with the latest industry tools like Terraform and AWS CDK.
- Experience with popular React.js and Next.js workflows (Flux, Redux, etc.).
- Knowledgeable of isomorphic React.
- Familiar with modern front-end pipelines and tools like micro-frontends, Next.js, StencilJs, Storybook.
- Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical designs.
- Familiarity with Git code versioning tools.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to work autonomously with little direction. They should be self-motivated, proactive, and able to take ownership of their work. The candidate should have a history of delivering high-quality work on time and have excellent critical thinking skills. They should be able to prioritize tasks and manage their time effectively, while keeping stakeholders informed of progress. The candidate should be comfortable with ambiguity and be able to make decisions independently.
- Great collaborator.
Cross Country Healthcare offers a competitive compensation and benefits program including: Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Life Insurance, Disability Insurance, Voluntary Insurance, 401(k) plan, Tuition Assistance, and Pet Insurance.
Cross Country Healthcare is an EEO employer - M/F/Veteran/Disability
CORP Information Systems
Min Hiring Rate
Max Hiring Rate