The primary responsibility of the Cloud Engineer is to convert the Company’s technical requirements into cloud-based solutions and strategy. The Cloud Engineer will deploy, automate, maintain, and manage cloud-based application systems to ensure the availability, performance, scalability, and security of productions systems. The Cloud Engineer also develops cloud adoption plans, cloud application design, as well as cloud management and monitoring.
- Build, deploy, automate, maintain, manage, and support AWS cloud-based infrastructure (servers, databases, services, networks, monitoring, reporting), to ensure the availability, performance, scalability and security of development, test, and productions systems.
- Design and build solutions using AWS Services such as S3, CloudFront, Route53, API Gateway, EC2, Lambda, SSM, SNS, SQS, Event bridge, Glue, ALB, VPC, IAM, RDS.
- Test, validate and implement performance and resource optimization improvements in consultation with AWS DevOps Teams.
- Support Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) process.
- System troubleshooting and problem solving across platform and application domains.
- Ensure critical system security using best in class cloud security solutions.
- Integrate with other on-premise systems and third-party cloud applications. Configure and support on-premise to cloud connectivity.
- Evaluate new cloud technology options and products and suggest architecture improvements and recommend process improvements.
- Work closely with the architect and engineers to design networks, systems, data models, and storage environment that effectively reflect business needs, security requirements, and service level requirements in AWS.
- Design hybrid cloud architectures between Azure and AWS supporting interoperability between the two cloud environments.
- Design highly available BC/DR strategies for all cloud resources.
- All other duties as assigned.
Must be able to perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation
- 5+ years of experience architecting, designing, developing, and implementing cloud solutions on AWS platforms
- AWS: 5+ years’ experience with using a broad range of AWS technologies (e.g., EKS, EC2, RDS, ELB, EBD, S3, IAM, CloudWatch, KMS) to develop and maintain an Amazon AWS based cloud solution, with an emphasis on Cloud Security and DevOps
- Experience with core AWS platform architecture, including areas such as: Organizations, Account Design, VPC, Subnet
- Experiences in database system like AWS Aurora PostgreSQL and Redshift is an added advantage
- Familiar with Encryption, Logging, and Privacy/Security Protocols (e.g., TLS 1.2, ELK stack)
- Be comfortable with one scripting language like PowerShell, Phyton, GO etc.
- Practical experience with container technologies such as ECS Fargate
- Understanding of HA architecture multiple DC architecture, multi cloud integration
- Knowledge of automation tools and Infrastructure as Code (ansible, terraform preferred)
- Experience building CI/CD pipelines using multiple repositories (e.g., Github, Azure DevOps, Bitbucket)
- AWS certifications are a plus – Solutions Architect Associate or SysOps Administrator
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or other equivalent technical discipline.
Cross Country Healthcare offers a competitive compensation and benefits program including: Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Life Insurance, Disability Insurance, Voluntary Insurance, 401(k) plan, Tuition Assistance, and Pet Insurance.
Cross Country Healthcare is an EEO employer - M/F/Veteran/Disability
- Job Family CORP Information Systems
- Job Function NMGR
- Pay Type Salary
- Min Hiring Rate $124,000.00
- Max Hiring Rate $140,000.00
- Travel Required No
- Required Education Bachelor’s Degree
- Boca Raton, FL, USA