Ron Rubin Entrepreneur Instructor
Welcome to the home of LEADERS Mission: Culver educates its students for leadership and responsible citizenship in society by developing and nurturing the whole individual, mind, spirit, and body, through integrated programs that emphasize the cultivation of character. Culver Academies is a private boarding school. We enroll students and employ faculty and staff from across the United States and around the world. Culver Academies seeks diverse and talented educators who value the core commitments of all Culver faculty, support the Culver mission and principles, and embrace the Culver teaching and learning model. At Culver, we are always looking to strengthen our organizational leadership by adding outstanding talent to our faculty and staff whose passion is to serve our students. Located on the shore of Lake Maxinkuckee, Culver Academies encompasses 1,800 acres of green hills and woodlands, and a historic collegiate-like campus with beautiful Gothic architecture. Our location in Culver, Indiana, offers the best of both worlds; a beautiful, serene setting with access to large cities nearby, including the home of the University of Notre Dame in South Bend, Indiana. We are also less than two hours away from Chicago and Indianapolis.
Culver Academies seeks an entrepreneurial studies instructor to join our professional community. The Ron Rubin School for the Entrepreneur [RRSftE] is an endowed program at Culver that features four core elective classes in innovation, applications of innovation, business solutions, and business management. The RRSftE funds two student-run businesses on campus: Rubin Café (specialty drink café) and Eagle Outfitters (custom apparel). The RRSftE also provides a wide range of co-curricular opportunities through hosting pitch competitions, business plan competitions, an annual speaker series, fostering alumni connections, investment simulations, a student ambassador program, and planning experiential trips for students. The RRSftE includes a traditional economics one-term elective, a financial literacy one-term elective, and a three-term Advanced Placement Microeconomics and Macroeconomics course. Finally, qualified students have access to a robust Honors experience that provides time and funding for research and development of a minimum viable product.
Instructors in The RRSftE define entrepreneurism as one’s ability to identify meaningful opportunities within social, environmental, and economic pursuits and to be responsible for creating sustainable solutions within those pursuits. Instructors strive to position students to acquire deep understandings and authentic practice through leveraging their personal passions, reflective practices, and collaborative efforts.
Instructors in The RRSftE at Culver support students, each other, and the community by committing to the following:
- Teach two eighty-five minute blocks each day with an average class size of eighteen. Culver is on an intensive 4X4 block schedule.
- Collaborate regularly with colleagues on curricular objectives, lesson design, and experiential learning opportunities.
- Collaborate in biweekly department meetings to focus on department initiatives. Current projects include core innovation course re-design, reboots of competitions and speaker series upon return from COVID, and consistent planning of student experiences aligned with the department budget.
- Assist in the planning and promotion of co-curricular events with the expectation to attend and facilitate the Impact Competition (fall and spring), Miclot Family Business Plan Competition (fall), and other events designed for authentic learning experiences.
- Support students during class and outside of class in their pursuit of innovations, including preparation for external competitions.
- Learn continuously, staying abreast with current practices in entrepreneurial studies and keeping a list of contacts that can add value to the program.
- Communicate authentically, promptly, and respectfully in all communication with students, parents, and colleagues through clear and defined channels.
- Contribute to the residential programs of the school through evening supervisory duties and participation in the mentor-mentee program, OR
- Contribute to the extra-curricular programs of the school, as a personal interest and institutional needs dictate.
Professional development is available for all instructors and stems from goals set by individual teachers and goals established within The RRSftE. Opportunities include traditional off-campus workshops and conferences, graduate work, research with students or colleagues, faculty-developed curriculum projects, and regularly scheduled on-campus teacher forums for learning support and educational technology.
Successful candidates will have a commitment to fostering belonging and inclusion in concert with our student-generated Diversity Statement. Interested candidates who find themselves aligned with Culver’s Teaching and Learning Model and supportive of the Commitments of Culver Educator should express interest by completing an employment application through this system, completing the Faculty Inquiry Form, and by visiting www.culver.org/facultypositions.
- Pay Type Salary
- Employment Indicator 10 Month Faculty
- Required Education Bachelor’s Degree
- 1300 Academy Rd, Culver, IN 46511, USA