ABOUT US: - We believe that everyone deserves a home!
Breaking Ground operates nearly 4,000 units of housing across New York City, along with housing in upstate New York and Connecticut. Supportive housing - affordable housing paired with services designed to help people maintain their homes for the long-term - is widely recognized as a proven and cost-effective solution to chronic homelessness.
But we didn't stop at providing housing. Breaking Ground's programs and services help people experiencing street homelessness - especially those who have been on the streets the longest - to come indoors. Through our Street to Home outreach program and transitional housing resources, we help people get, and stay, on the path to a permanent home.
W. 83rd Street Safe Haven
Located on the Upper West Side of Manhattan, the W. 83rd Street Safe Haven is comprised of 108 units for individuals not yet ready to transition into permanent housing, as well as those who may have struggled in other housing programs. West 83rd Street offers an alternative to life on the street: private, safe, clean, and affordable short-term accommodations. On-site case management and clinical services are available to meet the needs of its residents and to help those ready to move into secure permanent housing.
Shift Supervisor, Transitional Housing
Reporting to the Assistant Director, Operations the Shift Supervisor is responsible for overseeing services provided to clients at Safe Haven. The Shift Supervisor supervises Residential Aides and ensures clients are receiving high quality daily services including meal services, laundry services, intake and census management, and recreational activities. The Shift Supervisor is responsible for access control, liaising with security, incident prevention and management, and reporting for their shift.
This position has a 35-hour work week, onsite.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Supervise Residential Aide staff for the shift
- Create bi-weekly schedules and ensure proper coverage at all times
- Assist food service and other vendors as needed
- Liaise with Safe Haven staff and contracted security
- Complete, review, and submit incident reports and other tracking reports
- Review security camera footage
- Oversee CARES bed management procedures
- Manage city and state building inspections and adhere to compliance guidelines
- Manage inspections of residents’ units and ensure the site isin compliance with local health and safety standards
- Work closely with the Program Director and Assistant Program Director to meet residents’ needs and challenges
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Minimum two years in a supervisory capacity preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree strongly preferred, or equivalent experience
- Minimum of three years working with homeless or disabled populations preferred
- Demonstrated experience and success in working with diverse individuals and special needs populations
- Trained in CPR and First Aid, Opiate Overdose Prevention, Fire safety Systems, crisis intervention, de-escalation, preferred
- Solid verbal and written skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience and proficiency with case management and Foothold software
- Bilingual preferred
- Must have a valid NY or NJ driver's license, a driving record that is in good standing, and must maintain a good driving record (as defined by the organization)
Consistent with NYC’s mandate, all Breaking Ground employees, interns, volunteers and subcontractors are required to be in receipt of an FDA authorized and/or approved COVID-19 vaccination and provide a one-time verification of immunization as a condition of employment. Individuals that have a medical consideration or sincerely held religious beliefs or practices that could prevent them from complying with the Vaccine Mandate may request a reasonable accommodation.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Min Hiring Rate $26.37
- Max Hiring Rate $26.37
- W 83rd St, New York, NY 10024, USA