ABOUT US: - We believe that everyone deserves a home!
Breaking Ground operates nearly 4,000 units of housing across New York City, along with housing in upstate New York and Connecticut. Supportive housing - affordable housing paired with services designed to help people maintain their homes for the long-term - is widely recognized as a proven and cost-effective solution to chronic homelessness.
But we didn't stop at providing housing. Breaking Ground's programs and services help people experiencing street homelessness - especially those who have been on the streets the longest - to come indoors. Through our Street to Home outreach program and transitional housing resources, we help people get, and stay, on the path to a permanent home.
Breaking Ground operates nearly 4,000 units of housing across New York City, along with housing in upstate New York and Connecticut. Supportive housing - affordable housing paired with wraparound services designed to help people maintain their homes for the long-term - is widely recognized as a proven and cost-effective solution to chronic homelessness.
Administrative Assistant, Leasing and Compliance
Reporting to the Director, Leasing the Administrative Assistant supports the efforts to lease up and keep occupied, Breaking Ground's more than 2000 units of supportive housing apartments and in affordable housing that is managed by Breaking Ground and for-profit developers. The Administrative Assistant is responsible for scheduling meetings, answering and directing calls, maintaining office supplies, sending and distributing mail, and other administrative responsibilities.
This is a 35 hour work week.
- Answer the phone, direct calls, take messages
- Manage walk-ins and direct people to the appropriate Breaking Ground building, program, or service
- Maintain and manage calendars
- Compose, type, and edit correspondence, reports, memoranda, and other material
- Manage invoices, check requests, and correspondence
- Send and distribute mail
- Keep an updated file of vendors
- Track and order supplies
- Attend meetings and take notes
- Coordinate events
- Perform other duties as assigned
- High School diploma or equivalent required
- Minimum 2 years of related work experience
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills
- Able to work with a diverse and special needs population
- Able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Must have excellent written and verbal skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite programs including Word, Excel, Outlook, and Microsoft Teams
- Experience working with homeless/formerly homeless populations preferred
As part of our continued efforts to maintain a safe workplace for employees and clients, and in compliance with the City of New York COVID-19 Safety Requirement Mandate, Breaking Ground strongly recommends all employees, interns, volunteers, and subcontractors to receive an FDA authorized and/or approved COVID-19 vaccination and provide a one-time verification of immunization as a condition of employment.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Min Hiring Rate $19.23
- Max Hiring Rate $19.23
- 520 8th Ave, New York, NY 10018, USA