Breaking Ground operates nearly 4,000 units of housing across New York City, along with housing in upstate New York and Connecticut. Supportive housing - affordable housing paired with services designed to help people maintain their homes for the long-term - is widely recognized as a proven and cost-effective solution to chronic homelessness.
But we didn't stop at providing housing. Breaking Ground's programs and services help people experiencing street homelessness - especially those who have been on the streets the longest - to come indoors. Through our Street to Home outreach program and transitional housing resources, we help people get, and stay, on the path to a permanent home.
The Residential Aide will assist in ensuring effective front office operation of the facility. Clerical duties may be assigned in accordance with the office procedures of the program. Maintain program stability by providing support, assistance, and monitoring of the premises.
This position has a 35-hour work week.
- Answer telephone calls, direct calls, take messages, answer questions, and provide information
- Reporting and documentation of incidents, crisis communicating with On-call management team
- Record keeping including documentation of daily attendance, shift report, bed count, visitors, writing progress notes as needed
- Greet persons entering establishment, determine nature and purpose of visit, and direct or escort them to specific destinations
- Urine Drug Screen (UDS) collection/assignment, complete property and room searches as needed, and distribute mail
- Use company to transport residents to and from appointments in the community and as directed by program management
- Two to four years related experience
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED), Associates degree preferred, or equivalent experience
- Preferred: Valid NY license with driving record that is in good standing
- Experience working with homeless population and with Veterans helpful
Compensation: $19.23 - $19.23 / Per Hour
Compensation: $34,998.60 - $34,998.60 / Per Annum
- Pay Type Hourly
- Min Hiring Rate $19.23
- Max Hiring Rate $19.23
- Andrews, 197 Bowery, New York, New York, United States of America