Breaking Ground operates nearly 4,000 units of housing across New York City, along with housing in upstate New York and Connecticut. Supportive housing - affordable housing paired with services designed to help people maintain their homes for the long-term - is widely recognized as a proven and cost-effective solution to chronic homelessness.
But we didn't stop at providing housing. Breaking Ground's programs and services help people experiencing street homelessness - especially those who have been on the streets the longest - to come indoors. Through our Street to Home outreach program and transitional housing resources, we help people get, and stay, on the path to a permanent home.
Reporting to the Assistant Program Director, the Operations Specialist, Connect to Care, oversees operations of the Connect to Care 24/7 Street Outreach program’s vehicles and facilities. The Operations Specialist manages a fleet of at least 8 vehicles and is responsible for the tracking and maintenance of the fleet. The Operations Specialist works closely with the program staff leadership as well as staff in other departments throughout the organization as well as coordinate with outside vendors to ensure outreach facilities and assets are properly maintained. They will be the primary point of contact for all facility and vehicle matters for the Outreach Teams and will act as a liaison between Breaking Ground’s Asset Management team, vendors, and Connect to Care management.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversee the maintenance of the vehicle fleet of at least 8 vehicles
- Ensure IT devices are tracked, monitored, and working properly
- Monitor the Connect to Care Outreach offices for facilities issues
- Attend facilitates appointments with vendors
- Assist in the completion of monthly building walkthroughs
- Work with the Office Manager and Program leadership on inventory management at the sites
- Ensure each vehicle has up-to-date registration, inspection, insurance, and maintenance
- Perform weekly and monthly inspections of all vehicles
- Maintain a tracking system of relevant fleet information including parking tickets and parking incident reports for buildings and vehicles
- Transport vehicles as needed
- Perform other duties as assigned
- High School diploma or equivalent required
- Experience working with homeless population helpful
- Ability to work to develop systems for fleet management
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite programs including Word, Excel, Outlook, and Microsoft Teams
- Valid NY or NJ driver’s license with a good driving record, as defined by Breaking Ground, is a condition of employment
Compensation: $21.98 - $21.98 / Per Hour
Compensation: $40,003.60 - $40,003.60 / Per Annum
As part of our continued efforts to maintain a safe workplace for employees and clients, and in compliance with the City of New York COVID-19 Safety Requirement Mandate, Breaking Ground strongly recommends all employees, interns, volunteers, and subcontractors to receive an FDA authorized and/or approved COVID-19 vaccination and provide a one-time verification of immunization as a condition of employment.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Min Hiring Rate $21.98
- Max Hiring Rate $21.98
- 27 E 28th St, New York, NY 10016, USA