Breaking Ground operates nearly 4,000 units of housing across New York City, along with housing in upstate New York and Connecticut. Supportive housing - affordable housing paired with services designed to help people maintain their homes for the long-term - is widely recognized as a proven and cost-effective solution to chronic homelessness.
But we didn't stop at providing housing. Breaking Ground's programs and services help people experiencing street homelessness - especially those who have been on the streets the longest - to come indoors. Through our Street to Home outreach program and transitional housing resources, we help people get, and stay, on the path to a permanent home.
The Office Manager is responsible for the managing of Scatter Site Community Office, greeting and announcing guests, performing administrative duties which include, but are not limited to, bookkeeping, petty cash, metro card distribution, check requisitions and billing. The Office Manager will oversee the rent collection process by maintaining accurate income and rent information in various databases and prepare reports of rent status, arrears and current court status when indicated. Maintain client utility report and prepare invoices for payment. Set up new utility accounts when needed. Responsibilities also scheduling, meeting notes, maintaining a filing system, letter and correspondence, event coordination, mail, supplies/orders, phones/messages. Maintain supply of blank forms and originals. Open and close office when indicated.
This position has a 35-hour work week
- Manage and maintain Scatter Site Community Office
- Greet and welcome clients and to community office and monitor whereabouts
- Administrative support to Operations and Clinical staff, answer phones and direct calls
- Maintain and distribute rent collection procedures in various databases
- Maintain client utility reports
- Maintain meetings calendar and staff whereabouts
- Maintain filing system for contractual requirements
- Keep an updated file of vendors, orders and track supplies
- Administrative support to Director of Scatter Site Housing
- Performs other related duties as assigned
- A minimum of related work experience in administrative support.
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills. Must have the ability to work independently and as part of a team. Ability to work with a . Requires ability to handle priority simultaneously
- High School diploma or GED
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, Microsoft word, Excel
Compensation: $19.23 - $19.23
Compensation: $34,998.60 - $34,998.60
As part of our continued efforts to maintain a safe workplace for employees and clients, and in compliance with the City of New York COVID-19 Safety Requirement Mandate, Breaking Ground strongly recommends all employees, interns, volunteers, and subcontractors to receive an FDA authorized and/or approved COVID-19 vaccination and provide a one-time verification of immunization as a condition of employment.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Min Hiring Rate $19.23
- Max Hiring Rate $19.23
- Scatter Site Program Bronx, 4275 Park Ave, Bronx, New York, United States of America