Assistant Building Director
Breaking Ground operates nearly 4,000 units of housing across New York City, along with housing in upstate New York and Connecticut. Supportive housing - affordable housing paired with services designed to help people maintain their homes for the long-term - is widely recognized as a proven and cost-effective solution to chronic homelessness.
But we didn't stop at providing housing. Breaking Ground's programs and services help people experiencing street homelessness - especially those who have been on the streets the longest - to come indoors. Through our Street to Home outreach program and transitional housing resources, we help people get, and stay, on the path to a permanent home.
Assistant Building Director, Administration
Reporting to the Building Director, the Assistant Building Director, Administration is responsible for ensuring effective property management and day-to-day operations at Times Square. The Assistant Building Director works closely with Property Management, Leasing and Compliance, and Finance on special projects and liaises with different positions for the daily operations of the building. The Assistant Building Director supervises Rent Administrators and Office Managers and works closely with tenants, visitors, social service partners, auditors, regulatory agencies, and outside counsel.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversee day-to-day building operations in the functional areas of rent collection and administration; lease renewals; subsidy management; tenant services; and general office management
- Responsible for the planning and execution of the building’s annual recertification process
- Oversee all landlord-tenant legal and other activities at the building in keeping with applicable laws and regulations; Breaking Ground policies and procedures; values, goals, and best practices
- Collaborate with Tenant Services Coordinators, Programs staff, and External Affairs to provide tenant services at the building including activities, workshops, events, and skills-building opportunities to enhance the tenant experience
- Partner with the Building Director, Assistant Directors, and social services staff to address specific resident issues and other challenges
- Supervise, recruit, train, and evaluate direct reports including Rent Administrators, and Office Manager
- Respond to tenant concerns about building operations
- Work with Property Management leadership on agency-wide issues including the implementation of databases and report review
- Ensure data is properly entered into Real Page, Breaking Portal and other database
- Ensure site compliance with established departmental standard operating procedures and best practices
- Maintain building contracts with outside vendors
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- At least 5 years of experience in property management and/or social services
- Supervisory experience strongly preferred
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite programs including Word, Excel, Outlook, and Microsoft Teams
- Experience working with special needs populations, Low Income Housing Tax Credit, housing subsidies, building systems, and operations preferred
- Superior conflict resolution skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills to interface effectively and efficiently with colleagues and tenants
As part of our continued efforts to maintain a safe workplace for employees and clients, and in compliance with the City of New York COVID-19 Safety Requirement Mandate, Breaking Ground strongly recommends all employees, interns, volunteers, and subcontractors to receive an FDA authorized and/or approved COVID-19 vaccination and provide a one-time verification of immunization as a condition of employment.
- Pay Type Salary
- Min Hiring Rate $58,500.00
- Max Hiring Rate $62,000.00
- Times Square, New York, NY 10036, USA