Breaking Ground operates nearly 4,000 units of housing across New York City, along with housing in upstate New York and Connecticut. Supportive housing - affordable housing paired with services designed to help people maintain their homes for the long-term - is widely recognized as a proven and cost-effective solution to chronic homelessness.
But we didn't stop at providing housing. Breaking Ground's programs and services help people experiencing street homelessness - especially those who have been on the streets the longest - to come indoors. Through our Street to Home outreach program and transitional housing resources, we help people get, and stay, on the path to a permanent home.
Reporting to the Director, Administrative Operations, the Recertification Specialist reviews and completes tenant income recertifications at Breaking Ground properties. The Recertification Specialist assists tenants to organize all necessary documentation. The Recertification Specialist provides recertification training, resources, and updates to building staff in conjunction with the Breaking Ground Compliance department. The Recertification Specialist is part of a floating team and will be assigned to buildings across the Breaking Ground portfolio in Manhattan, Brooklyn and the Bronx as needed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES:
- Assist tenants in the completion of annual recertification packets including tenant outreach
- Review tenant files during the recertification process
- Collect and organize recertification documents gathered from tenants, employers, and other private and government organizations.
- Complete income calculations and update tenant information through the RealPage property management software systems
- Answer recertification-related questions from tenants and staff.
- Update recertification tracking tools used by Compliance and building staff.
- In conjunction with the Breaking Ground Compliance department, provide recertification training, resources and updates to building and other staff
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite programs including Word, Excel, Outlook, and Microsoft Teams
- Experience with Real Page is preferred
- Working knowledge of Low-Income Housing Tax Credits and Section 8 preferred. Required: Must obtain LIHTC certification within the first year of employment. Breaking Ground will pay certification fees
- Valid NYS Notary Public license preferred
- Detail-oriented and organized
- Experience working with low-income and special needs populations
- Ability to travel regularly to buildings across the Breaking Ground portfolio in Manhattan, Brooklyn and the Bronx
As part of our continued efforts to maintain a safe workplace for employees and clients, and in compliance with the City of New York COVID-19 Safety Requirement Mandate, Breaking Ground strongly recommends all employees, interns, volunteers, and subcontractors to receive an FDA authorized and/or approved COVID-19 vaccination and provide a one-time verification of immunization as a condition of employment.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Min Hiring Rate $27.47
- Max Hiring Rate $27.47
- 505 8th Ave, New York, NY 10018, USA