Breaking Ground operates nearly 4,000 units of housing across New York City, along with housing in upstate New York and Connecticut. Supportive housing - affordable housing paired with services designed to help people maintain their homes for the long-term - is widely recognized as a proven and cost-effective solution to chronic homelessness.
But we didn't stop at providing housing. Breaking Ground's programs and services help people experiencing street homelessness - especially those who have been on the streets the longest - to come indoors. Through our Street to Home outreach program and transitional housing resources, we help people get, and stay, on the path to a permanent home.
Reporting to the Assistant Program Director, Transitional Housing the Clinical Coordinator, Transitional Housing supervises Case Managers and ensures the utilization of Harm Reduction and Housing First strategies and other best-practice clinical interventions to ensure the highest quality care for clients. The Clinical Coordinator is responsible for client records are kept in compliance with regulatory and agency standards.
The Clinical Coordinator works primarily during business hours Monday-Friday, with off hours availability in case of emergency or for special projects/initiatives.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Supervise a team of Case Managers
- Provide regular, structured supervision meetings for direct reports
- Promote effective strategies for case management following Housing First, Harm Reduction, Crisis Prevention Institute (CPI), Motivational Interviewing and trauma-informed care models of practice
- Development and implement individual service plans; ensure documentation of client contact and progress is comprehensive and timely
- Interview and assess potential clients
- Provide clinical direction and leadership to the program, help troubleshoot, problem solve, and strategize solutions around client engagement and challenging behaviors
- Promote a staff and resident culture that emphasizes housing placement as a measurement of success; ensure that clients are ready for housing placement
- Oversee development and implementation of individual service plans; ensure documentation of client contact and progress is comprehensive and timely
- Assess and evaluate client functioning
- Supervise and conduct case conferences
- Coordinate delivery of care with multiple service providers, particularly outreach teams.
- Work collaboratively with outreach teams to ensure individuals succeed in transitional housing and avoid return to homelessness.
- Provide support and guidance to front line staff in managing difficult situations and successfully de-escalating conflict
- Perform other duties as assigned
- NYS Licensed Masters Social Worker (LMSW) required
- Minimum 3 years of experience with related populations; previous supervisory and administrative experience preferred
- Thorough clinical understanding of relevant service delivery concepts and structures including Housing First, client centered motivational interviewing, Harm Reduction models, behavioral and medical health systems, and the ability to access and negotiate the full range of services for recipients
- Experience with crisis intervention, including, risk assessments and incident management
- Ability to work successfully with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders
- Demonstrated success in working in a fast-paced environment with multiple priorities
- Ability to delegate and motivate staff to achieve deliverables
- Ability to communicate (verbally and written) with diverse populations and stakeholders
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite programs including Word, Excel, Outlook, and Microsoft Teams; familiarity with Access-based databases and the ability to learn new programs are required
- Bilingual preferred
As part of our continued efforts to maintain a safe workplace for employees and clients, and in compliance with the City of New York COVID-19 Safety Requirement Mandate, Breaking Ground strongly recommends all employees, interns, volunteers, and subcontractors to receive an FDA authorized and/or approved COVID-19 vaccination and provide a one-time verification of immunization as a condition of employment.
- Pay Type Salary
- Min Hiring Rate $64,000.00
- Max Hiring Rate $68,000.00
- West 83rd Street Safe Haven, 106 W 83RD ST # 108, New York, New York, United States of America