Senior Process Engineer
A Process Engineer is responsible for learning the basic process technologies, learning & using the design tools and executing process designs for assigned proposals & projects. The Process Engineer is expected to work with design supervision to carry out the design philosophy expressed in the customer’s specifications and Clean Technology Engineering (CTE) design standards. The Process Engineer will work closely with their supervisors and other engineers on various projects or proposals. Attention to detail and quality work are required to provide designs that are competitive, reliable, and efficient.
- Complete the process engineering training program. Progress on the process engineer training checklist.
- Use basic design skills to support the design effort on projects or proposals.
- Develop an understanding of CTE organization and project execution process. This includes a basic understanding of CTE’s Marketing and Project structures, product offerings and internal contacts.
- Participate in the startup, demonstration, and troubleshooting of new or modified plants to develop a personal background of plant operating experience.
- Develop a sound understanding of safe operating practices within a plant.
- Develop an understanding of environmental regulation within a plant.
- Work with their supervisor to review engineering design documents and vendor data.
- Assist in the preparation of process design packages and other proposals.
- Develop an understanding of typical PFD’s and P&ID’s for various processes. A Process Engineer should be able to prepare basic process diagrams and heat & materials balances.
- Develop good filing practices for the process calculations and correspondence.
- Attend appropriate technical conferences and/or training as assigned.
- 4-year Chemical Engineering degree (Bachelor of Science in Chemical Engineering)
- Knowledge of a process simulator (Aspen Plus, HYSYS, etc.) and MS Office products is required.
- Strong leadership and communication skills.
- Strong organization skills.
- Flexibility and interest in world-wide travel.
- Demonstration of working well within a team atmosphere is preferred.
- A desire to expand core-competencies.
- Execute work proactively with a willingness to find a way to get things done.
- An aptitude for using any available resources and professional connections to be successful.
- A spirit of camaraderie to exchange know-how with fellow Process Engineers.
- Occasional (10%) world-wide travel is expected. Some trips may be of extended duration. This will increase with experience.
- 5-10 years experience in an industrial chemical plant environment (sulfuric acid production preferred).
- Pay Type Salary
- St. Louis, MO, USA