Senior Python Engineer
Boston, MA, USA Req #32
Friday, October 27, 2023
Boston Energy Trading & Marketing (BETM) has accelerated its shift to digital growth and cloud enablement. Our talented, energetic team is creating next-gen platforms to provide industry leading solutions supporting the green energy transition. We’re seeking candidates with the passion to enhance value through technology, and with the experience to effectively manage & mature the solutions we create. If you have those traits, and you are ready to join our Boston-based team in a hybrid work model, we would love to hear from you!
As part of this team, you will engage closely with business & IT colleagues to improve, streamline and automate business processes. You will design, build and manage applications/workflows in a cloud environment. You will leverage tools which automate processes, enabling our DevOps capabilities to manage all aspects of application development. You are organized, driven to solve problems and have a passion for life-long learning. Your strong engineering skills, along with your customer-focused mindset, makes you a valuable addition to our team.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Build applications/automation tools using python and deploy to cloud.
- Collaborate with different teams/business lines to gather requirements, design, and develop python applications.
- Write clean, efficient, and maintainable code that follows best practices. Exercise the full software development lifecycle in developing proper Python packages.
- Solve problems identified by operations team and provide solutions in an agile environment.
- Optimize application performance and scalability for meeting business needs
- Identify opportunities for reusable code and create microservices and reusable components to increase team’s ability to deliver quality solutions quickly.
- Bachelor’s or higher degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field of study.
- 7+ years of professional programming experience (is preferred).
- Strong experience in Python development, testing frameworks, workflow automation and cloud-based technologies
- Solid understanding of OOP and algorithms, data structures, and design patterns.
- Experience with Snowflake data solutions highly desired.
- Familiarity with Azure services including Logic Apps, Azure Functions, Azure Storage, SQL Database, SQL Managed Instance, DevOps
- Familiarity with DevOps tools and CI/CD pipelines, dependency management, database systems, and cloud solutions.
- Passionate about technology and excel in cloud platforms, implementation, and troubleshooting.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills, and willing to learn new skills
- Supportive of a culture of continuous process and organizational improvement
- Job Family BETM
- Pay Type Salary
- Boston, MA, USA