Tax - Staff Accountant
EisnerAmper is one of the largest accounting, tax, and business advisory firms, with nearly 4,000 employees and more than 350 partners across the world. We combine responsiveness with a long-range perspective; to help clients meet the pressing issues they face today, and position them for success tomorrow.
Our clients are enterprises as diverse as sophisticated financial institutions and start-ups, global public firms and middle-market companies, as well as high net worth individuals, family offices, not-for-profit organizations, and entrepreneurial ventures across a variety of industries. We are also engaged by the attorneys, financial professionals, bankers and investors who serve these clients.
Our reach extends globally, with offices in the United Kingdom, Israel, India, the Cayman Islands, Singapore, and Ireland.
Under direct supervision, the Tax Staff position performs assigned tasks in the technical areas of tax returns, tax research, client engagements or projects. This position is responsible for knowing and understanding the Firm’s professional requirements and lines of business.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Law or other related degree as approved by the Directors.
- Must be eligible to obtain the CPA certification (Bachelor’s degree, 150 hours of completed coursework* and the required accounting classes.
- *Applicants that have 9 credit hours or less remaining to achieving CPA eligibility may also be considered, as long as they are on track to receive those credits within 6 months of their full-time start date.
- CPA designation is preferred, but not required.
- No experience is required, but employment in an accounting-based internship or related activity is preferred.
- Experience in a public accounting or professional services environment is preferred.
- Knowledge of Internal Revenue Code and is required.
- Exhibits strong analytical ability and diligently performs assigned tasks with the highest degree of professionalism and integrity.
- Must effectively communicate with a diverse group of individuals professionally and appropriately.
- Exhibit a high degree of professionalism including the ability to maintain the highest levels of confidentiality.
- Highly organized and capable of functioning in a fast-paced environment, demonstrating an ability to adjust to non-routine assignments/unexpected situations.
- Demonstrate critical thinking skill capabilities.
- Have appropriate technical knowledge, critical and independent thinking skills, a desire to learn, and self-disciplined.
- Technically proficient with the capability of performing at an intermediate or advanced level with respect to the Microsoft Office Suite of products or similar software applications.
- Works on assigned segments of client tax returns or related accounting engagements.
- Communicates with clients to gather information and clarify financial details.
- Coordinates with supervisor on all phases of the engagement, including communications with the client, scheduling, and assignments.
- Communicates any significant findings or questions that involve accounting principles, with a diverse group of individuals professionally, appropriately, and promptly.
- Stays current on tax law, AICPA, and state CPA society rules, regulations, and code of ethics.
- Communicates any significant findings or questions that involve accounting principles or financial statement presentation to engagement leaders.
- Coordinates with the tax team lead on all phases of the engagement, including communications with the client, scheduling, and assignments.
- Completes assigned tax engagements/tasks in an efficient and timely manner as defined by budget and specific engagement expectations.
- Accepts responsibility for work assigned and follows up on open assignments.
- Actively upon employment, prepares for and takes the CPA examination until successful completion of the exam.
- Actively attended and engages in meetings and training sessions.
- Develops proficiency for Firm software applications and procedures.
- Maintains the required CPE for firm and licensing standards.
- Attends and actively engages in training sessions and/or meetings as required.
- Provides courteous and prompt service to all internal and external parties. Prioritizes and addresses requests and assignments in a professional and cooperative manner.
- Identifies opportunities and recommends methods to improve service, and work processes. Assists in the implementation of quality improvement initiatives.
- May assist co-workers in the completion of tasks and assignments to ensure continuity of service and demonstrating team work skills. Actively supports teamwork throughout the organization.
- Perform other services as assigned.
- May periodically travel and work from different company locations.
- May be required to work overtime, and/or on weekends as needed.
- Must arrive at EisnerAmper offices or client locations in a timely manner and be ready to perform job responsibilities.
Work Environment: Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to perform the essential functions of this job successfully with or without reasonable accommodations. The work environment is considered to be that of a typical business/office operation. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Work/Life Balance: Paid Time Off, Paid Parental Leave, Paid Holidays, Dress for Your Day policy, Volunteer Opportunities, Fun Team Activities
- Financial Benefits: 401(k) Plan with Matching/Profit Sharing Contribution, Voluntary & Group Life Insurance, Short- and Long-term Disability Insurance, Medical, Dependent Care and Adoption FSA, Competitive Salaries, Employee Referral bonus
- Health & Wellness: Health, Dental and Vision Insurance, Employee Assistance Program, Health Savings Account
Join our team of professionals and take a firm step forward in your career. With an established mentor program and defined career paths for a range of specialties and skill sets, EISNERAMPER is a place where professionals of all experience levels thrive. Our Lifelong Learning program, combined with technical training opportunities for staff, ensure that this is a place where our employees can grow — and with a rich office culture and a strong commitment to work/life balance, EISNERAMPER is a place where you'll be happy to do so. To be considered for employment, visit www.pncpa.com/careers, complete an employment application and Explore Your Next Opportunity with EISNERAMPER.
EisnerAmper is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
- Job Family Staff
- Pay Type Salary