Tax Compliance Specialist
EisnerAmper is one of the largest accounting, tax, and business advisory firms, with nearly 4,000 employees and more than 350 partners across the world. We combine responsiveness with a long-range perspective; to help clients meet the pressing issues they face today, and position them for success tomorrow.
Our clients are enterprises as diverse as sophisticated financial institutions and start-ups, global public firms and middle-market companies, as well as high net worth individuals, family offices, not-for-profit organizations, and entrepreneurial ventures across a variety of industries. We are also engaged by the attorneys, financial professionals, bankers and investors who serve these clients.
Our reach extends globally, with offices in the United Kingdom, Israel, India, the Cayman Islands, Singapore, and Ireland.
The Tax Compliance Specialist position collaborates with tax department resources and contribute to client relations for assigned tax compliance and consulting engagements for clients in diverse industries. Participate in ongoing administrative duties and initiatives for the department as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field preferred.
- No certification required.
- 0-2 years of relevant State and Local Tax consulting and/or compliance experience in public accounting or a combination of corporate and public accounting experience.
- Experience in a public accounting or professional services environment is preferred.
- Exposure to SALT including knowledge in State Income/Franchise Tax, Credits and Incentives, Sales and Use Tax, and Property Tax.
- Analytical, technical and tax accounting / technology skills with proficiency in US GAAP, tax compliance, corporate consolidated returns, and combined state tax returns.
- Ability to manage multiple engagements and competing priorities in a rapidly growing, fast-paced, interactive, results-based team environment.
- Exhibits strong analytical ability and diligently performs assigned tasks with the highest degree of professionalism and integrity.
- Ability to work within a diverse team and demonstrate effective interpersonal skills.
- Exhibit a high degree of professionalism including the ability to maintain the highest levels of confidentiality.
- Highly organized and capable of functioning in a fast-paced environment.
- Able to demonstrate critical thinking skill capabilities.
- Computer proficient with the capability of performing at an intermediate or advanced level with respect to the Microsoft Office Suite of products (specifically Word and Excel) or similar software applications.
- Prepares income/franchise and sales/use tax returns, prepares workpapers, assists in the preparation of technical memorandums, drafts client correspondence, and assisting seniors and managers with client audit defense.
- Conducts tax research for clients, begins basic data analysis, and discusses findings with seniors and managers.
- Prepares and analyzes technical data
- Works with senior and managers to identify optimal filing positions, exemptions, credits and incentives, and corporate structures for tax minimization purposes.
- Maintains proactive communication with clients, when instructed, to exceed expectations, ensure satisfaction, make sure deadlines are met.
- Works closely with members of other practice groups to develop internal relationships.
- Manages own workload and communicate status updates frequently to seniors and managers.
- Identifies technical issues for clients and discusses with seniors and managers.
- Assists team in preparation of Power Point presentations for business development purposes.
- Provides courteous and prompt service to all internal and external parties. Prioritizes and addresses requests and assignments in a professional and cooperative manner.
- Identifies opportunities and recommends methods to improve service, and work processes. Assists in the implementation of quality improvement initiatives.
- May assist co-workers in the completion of tasks and assignments to ensure continuity of service and demonstrating team work skills. Actively supports teamwork throughout the organization.
- Perform other services as assigned.
- May periodically travel and work from different company locations.
- May be required to work overtime, and/or on weekends as needed.
- Must arrive at EisnerAmper offices or client locations in a timely manner and be ready to perform job responsibilities.
Work Environment: Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to perform the essential functions of this job successfully with or without reasonable accommodations. The work environment is considered to be that of a typical business/office operation. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Flexible Spending & Health Savings Account
- Paid holidays, vacation, and sick time
- Employee assistance program and other firm benefits.
Join our team of professionals and take a firm step forward in your career. With an established mentor program and defined career paths for a range of specialties and skill sets, EisnerAmper is a place where professionals of all experience levels thrive. Our Lifelong Learning program, combined with technical training opportunities for staff, ensure that this is a place where our employees can grow — and with a rich office culture and a strong commitment to work/life balance, EisnerAmper is a place where you'll be happy to do so. To be considered for employment, visit www.careers.eisneramper.com, complete an employment application and Explore Your Next Opportunity with EisnerAmper.
EisnerAmper is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
- Job Family Specialist
- Pay Type Hourly