Tax Compliance Coordinator
EisnerAmper is one of the largest accounting, tax, and business advisory firms, with nearly 4,000 employees and more than 350 partners across the world. We combine responsiveness with a long-range perspective; to help clients meet the pressing issues they face today, and position them for success tomorrow.
Our clients are enterprises as diverse as sophisticated financial institutions and start-ups, global public firms and middle-market companies, as well as high net worth individuals, family offices, not-for-profit organizations, and entrepreneurial ventures across a variety of industries. We are also engaged by the attorneys, financial professionals, bankers and investors who serve these clients.
Our reach extends globally, with offices in the United Kingdom, Israel, India, the Cayman Islands, Singapore, and Ireland.
The Tax Compliance Coordinator position assists in all matters of SALT (State and Local Tax) licensing, regulation, and related compliance for multistate clients, including administrative support to ensure the timely processing and filing of reports and other compliance obligations such as Secretary of State registrations, tax and license registrations required by Federal, state, and local governmental entities (including FCC and Public Service Commissions).
- High School diploma or equivalent is required.
- Bachelor’s degree is preferred.
- Licensed Notary is preferred. Ability to obtain Notary license within 6 months of hire date is required.
- Minimum of 1 year of relevant experience is required.
- Demonstrates critical thinking and analytical skills.
- Capacity to quickly learn and understand new procedures, workflows, and software applications.
- Highly organized with strong attention to detail. Excellent time management skills and effectively performs productively in a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills.
- Professionally and appropriately communicates with a diverse group of individuals.
- Demonstrates a positive attitude, is receptive to feedback, and has a proactive nature.
- Exhibits professionalism and maintains the highest level of confidentiality.
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment with minimal supervision.
- Technically proficient with Microsoft Office Suite at an intermediate or advanced level, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook.
- Works with clients, vendors, and applicable governmental entities to establish and maintain appropriate tax filing accounts needed to adhere to state & local regulatory tax guidelines.
- Assists with Secretary of State registrations and annual reporting, tax and license registrations required by Federal, state, and local governmental entities, including FCC and Public Service Commissions (including FCC and monitor compliance processes & procedures, register necessary client accounts, and ensures timely compliance with each related annual compliance obligations.
- Maintains database of client accounts, including requirements, stakeholders, status updates, and other relevant details. Provides regular status updates to leadership.
- Maintains a compliance calendar and addresses regulatory changes as needed.
- Acts as liaison in gathering client information, communicating with regulatory agencies, governmental entities & external service providers, and coordinating with internal team members.
- Ensures that all registrations, licensing renewals, and related reports are generated, submitted, and stored to ensure compliance requirements and respective deadlines are met.
- Maintains records of client interactions, account information, and documents in appropriate systems.
- Escalates client feedback to appropriate parties.
- Develops proficiency for Firm software applications and procedures.
- Provides courteous and prompt service to all internal and external parties. Prioritizes and addresses requests and assignments in a professional and cooperative manner.
- Identifies opportunities and recommends methods to improve service, and work processes. Assists in the implementation of quality improvement initiatives.
- May assist co-workers in the completion of tasks and assignments to ensure continuity of service and demonstrating team work skills. Actively supports teamwork throughout the organization.
- Perform other services as assigned.
- May periodically travel and work from different company locations.
- May be required to work overtime, and/or on weekends as needed.
- Must arrive at EisnerAmper offices or client locations in a timely manner and be ready to perform job responsibilities.
Work Environment: Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to perform the essential functions of this job successfully with or without reasonable accommodations. The work environment is considered to be that of a typical business/office operation. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Flexible Spending & Health Savings Account
- Paid holidays, vacation, and sick time
- Employee assistance program and other firm benefits.
Join our team of professionals and take a firm step forward in your career. With an established mentor program and defined career paths for a range of specialties and skill sets, EisnerAmper is a place where professionals of all experience levels thrive. Our Lifelong Learning program, combined with technical training opportunities for staff, ensure that this is a place where our employees can grow — and with a rich office culture and a strong commitment to work/life balance, EisnerAmper is a place where you'll be happy to do so. To be considered for employment, visit www.careers.eisneramper.com, complete an employment application and Explore Your Next Opportunity with EisnerAmper.
EisnerAmper is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
- Job Family Coordinator
- Pay Type Hourly