Regional Property Manager, Corporate
We are looking for the right candidate to join our senior management team. As the Regional Property Manager, you will be responsible for assisting in the development and monitoring of company policies and procedures related to property management; recruiting, training, developing, and supervising Property Managers; and maintaining the physical asset and performance of assigned affordable and market rate properties.
What the Regional Property Manager will be doing:
• Establish and coordinate a communication system involving transaction and activities among Property Managers and the Corporate Office. Provide a high level of customer service to include problem solving and resident relations within the assigned portfolio.
• Hire, train, supervise, develop, and terminate the employment of those supervised in accordance with company policies and directives; perform performance evaluations on supervised employees; assist Property Managers with site-level employees.
• Monitor, assist, and make recommendations to improve marketing activities; review occupancy status; recommend rent schedules.
• Review/audit property administrative, accounting, and maintenance areas to ensure compliance with established policies and procedures; approve all exceptions of same.
• Inspect the properties to ensure the highest standards are maintained; evaluate maintenance, grounds and housekeeping operations in areas of efficiency. Conduct periodic inspection of vacant apartments for market-ready condition.
• Communicate with property owners – communicate effectively regarding financial reports and operations. Make recommendations for capital improvements.
• Supervise and coordinate preparation of annual operating budgets. Monitor and make recommendations on budget performance and prepare and review monthly and quarterly reports.
• Review and approve expenditures within specified budgetary guidelines. Negotiate and/or evaluate contracts and make recommendations. Approve and execute contracts in accordance with directives of owners.
What the Regional Property Manager will need to succeed:
• 7+ years’ apartment management and supervisory experience. College degree required; property management certification preferred.
• Low Income Housing Tax Credit/Section 8/Affordable Housing Professional Certification(s) required. Affordable housing experience with DC, MD and VA desired.
• Knowledge of market and industry practices, property maintenance, and property marketing and insurance.
• Experience in financial and business reporting required.
• Experience with Federal Low-Income Housing Tax Credit (Section 42) Program or Project Based Section 8 required. Experience with affordable housing lease-up preferred.
• Experience with property management software, proficiency with Yardi and Entrata a plus. Experience with Renewal Management Software is also a plus. Experience with State Rental Assistant Program (SRAP) desired.
We offer our Regional Property Managers:
• Pay range: $120,000 - $135,000.
• Comprehensive Medical with multiple Dental and Vision options.
• Health Savings Account with employer contribution.
• 401(k) plan with employer match and generous vesting schedule.
• Paid Time Off leave, escalating with length of service.
• Recognition awards and employee referral bonuses.
• Free on-site parking during work hours.
• In-house professional training and a ‘Promote from Within’ company culture.
- Pay Type Salary
- Arlington, VA, USA