Hairstylist - Spa
36 State St, Santa Barbara, CA 93101, USA Req #542
Monday, March 13, 2023
Hotel Californian fosters a creative, entrepreneurial, and energetic work environment. We value passionate people who love to be challenged and desire the freedom to contribute to the overall success of the hotel. We strive to create a workplace culture that values family, work-life balance, and community. We help develop our teams and provide support for them to grow their careers with our organization. Our Talent is proud to work here.
Hotel Californian fosters a creative, entrepreneurial, and energetic work environment. We value passionate people who love to be challenged and desire the freedom to contribute to the overall success of the hotel. We strive to create a work place culture that values family, work-life balance, and community. We help develop our teams and provide support for them to grow their careers with our organization. Our Talent are proud to work here.
The Nail Technician is responsible for providing professional hair styling services for guests in the hotel and spa’s continuing effort to deliver outstanding guest service and financial profitability.
• Perform salon services (hair blowouts, styling, and chemical services) to guests, according to established protocols, operating procedures and service standards
• Consult with guests regarding their hair goals, and establish an action plan to meet expectations
• Collaborate with reception and treatment staff to create personalized treatment programs for select guests.
• Explain products and benefits to guests for prescribed treatment.
• Maintain knowledge and understanding of philosophy and objectives of hair services and become well-versed and trained in their application.
• Prepare the salon equipment and supplies daily.
• Maintain cleanliness and neatness of the salon, courtyard and spa facility as directed.
• Maintain the cleanliness and neatness of staff areas as directed.
• Attend regular staff meetings.
• Submit supply requests to the Spa Director in a timely fashion to ensure proper product availability for guests.
• Promote a positive guest experience for all guests by providing prompt, courteous and efficient service.
• Be a patient, courteous listener, and treat all sensitive personal/medical information in strictest confidence.
• Be knowledgeable and informed regarding all spa and hotel programs and services.
• Conduct tours of the spa facility as requested.
• Work cooperatively and professionally with all spa and hotel departments.
• Resolve guest complaints in a manner which promotes positive guest relations.
• Report any problems incurred immediately to the Spa Director or other supervisory staff.
• Comply with all departmental and company policies
• Maintain confidentiality of all proprietary information
• Perform other related duties as assigned by Spa Director
SKILLS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required
• Maintain a current license with the CA Board of Barbering and Cosmetology to administer hair services.
• Minimum one year experience as hairstylist in a luxury spa or salon environment.
• Excellent personal appearance, good communication skills and a friendly, congenial personality.
• Ability to work in a high-volume, busy service environment while maintaining composure and focusing on the guest.
• Flexible work schedule, weekends and holidays.
Ability to perform essential job duties with or without reasonable accommodation and without posing a direct threat to the safety or health of employee or others. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Note: The responsibilities associated with this job could change from time to time in accordance with Hotel Californian’s business needs. As a team player, I may be required to perform additional and/or different responsibilities from those set forth above.
Foley Entertainment Group, LLC. is an equal employment/affirmative action employer. If you need accommodation for any part of the employment process because of a disability, please send an e-mail to HR@vegasgoldenknights.com to let us know the nature of your request. This employer participates in E-Verify EOE/AA/Disabled/Vets Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities. The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
- Job Family *Hotel - Hotel Californian
- Pay Type Hourly
- Min Hiring Rate $15.50
- Max Hiring Rate $15.50
- 36 State St, Santa Barbara, CA 93101, USA