AM or PM Host - Goat Tree
The Goat Tree Host is responsible for courteously greeting and escorting guests to tables and assist in seating, ensuring restaurant’s standards of service. Assists in preparing the restaurant for service and maintaining the cleanliness of the room. Assists in monitoring the guests' needs and all phases of the operation. Provide efficient friendly customer service always and to all guests.
- Greet guests when entering the restaurant with superior customer service.
- Answer phone and record reservations for large parties.
- Able to make recommendations for guests to other local restaurants and activities.
- Thank every guest upon departure, invite them to return, and wish them a fond farewell.
- Ensure each guest is greeted and that all food and beverage operations are running smoothly.
- Clean and clear service areas.
- Oversee all aspects of restaurant during absence of Manager and/or Supervisor.
- Be familiar with operation of P.O.S. system and manual system procedures.
- Ensure work area is clean and clear of standing water, debris or any objects that can obstruct the job duties from being performed safely, efficiently and effectively.
- Perform other duties as required.
SKILLS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required
- Must have strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Prior host experience preferred.
- Must be able to multi-task.
- Must be able to stand and walk for an extended period or for an entire shift.
- Must be able to move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing up to 10lbs without assistance.
- Must be able to work a varied schedule that may include evenings, nights, and weekends.
- Minimum of 21 years of age to serve alcoholic beverages.
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Previous experience in similar position in hospitality industry.
- Knowledge of local activities and attractions appropriate for restaurant clientele.
Ability to perform essential job duties with or without reasonable accommodation and without posing a direct threat to the safety or health of employee or others. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Note: The responsibilities associated with this job could change from time to time in accordance with Hotel Californian’s business needs. As a team player, I may be required to perform additional and/or different responsibilities from those set forth above.
- Job Family *Hotel - Hotel Californian
- Pay Type Hourly
- Min Hiring Rate $16.00
- Max Hiring Rate $16.00
- 36 State St, Santa Barbara, CA 93101, USA