Cook - Kitchen (PT)
The Kitchen Cook is responsible for preparing and seasoning food items for consumption at the restaurant. This is a PT position, Friday, Saturday and Sunday day.
· Reads menu and orders to estimate food requirements and gathers food from storage
· Measures and mixes ingredients according to recipe using a variety of kitchen utensils and equipment including slicers and knives
· Follow all recipe cards and plating guides to ensure consistency, portions, presentation, temperature and quality of food production
· Operates Rationale oven and Turbo Chef oven to spec, based on food preparation for kitchen
· Observes and tests food being prepared and cooked. Uses thermometer to ensure food is cooked/maintained at proper temperature as needed
· Washes, peels, cuts and shreds vegetables and fruits to prepare them for use
· Proper storage of perishable products, labels, dates, FIFO
· Follows standard food handling, sanitation and health equipment guidelines. Ensures compliance with federal, state, local and company health, safety and sanitation standards
· Preparation of food may include soups, entrees, sauces, cutting meat and fish, and preparing daily specials for restaurant and banquets
· Equipment Knowledge- Maintain the care and cleanliness of all mechanical equipment
· Carves meats, portions food onto serving plates, adds gravies and sauces and garnishes servings.
· Monitor equipment daily and report problems via work order system
SKILLS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required
• Must know all applicable health standards
• Must be available to work primarily mornings/days, and flexible for evenings, weekends and holidays
• One year prior food prep experience preferred
• Culinary degree or training desired
• Possess a good knowledge of food preparation, professional cooking and knife handling skills
Ability to perform essential job duties with or without reasonable accommodation and without posing a direct threat to the safety or health of employee or others. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Note: The responsibilities associated with this job could change from time to time in accordance with Hotel Californian’s business needs. As a team player, I may be required to perform additional and/or different responsibilities from those set forth above.
- Job Family *Hotel - Hotel Californian
- Pay Type Hourly
- Min Hiring Rate $19.00
- Max Hiring Rate $21.00
- 36 State St, Santa Barbara, CA 93101, USA